Argument with best friend..!?

geminigirl2011

geminigirl2011

Heres the story..my friend and I have known eachother for many years but have been best friends for about four years now, up until about 10 months ago we were both single during the entire time. Well I started dating someone then 3 weeks later he starting dated someone,
so
everything was fine while we were both dating someone and we decided that we would have a set hangout day since we both had someone else, work full time, and go to school. During the time I was with my
bf
I hardly made other plans on 'our' day
so
I only got to see my
bf
once a week because of this, and he would see his
gf
a lot more than I saw my
bf
so
I did make plans on our day a couple of times but I told him weeks in advance about it. Now that I've been single for 3 months he has been making plans on 'our' day and telling me last minute which really makes me mad, because I never did that to him when I was with my
bf
So
this week we had barely talked because of school
so
the weekend comes around and I automatically assumed we would be hanging out since we hadnt in almost a week well he text me and said he could only hangout until a certain time which wouldn't work for me because I had stuff I had to do before we hungout because we always hangout later in the day,
so
thats where the argument begins. I told him he could have told me sooner, and he said we didn't have plans
so
he didn't see what the deal is, which we never make plans because when we do they never happen.
So
he continues saying that are 'our' day thing is void because I'
m
single now
so
that made me even more mad because part of the reason my
bf
broke up with me is because we didn't see each other that much. We sent a bunch of text back and forth basically arguing and the last thing he said was that he is too busy and trying to do many things, and trying to make time for too many people in his life, and he doesn't know why
Im
always the one to get ditched,
so
I text him back saying I would no longer be someone that he would have to make time for..and left it at that. I haven't heard from him since. I'
m
not really sure what to do. We have never gone this long without talking even when we were both mad at eachother. I don't want to lose him as a friend but at the same time I know nothing will change as far as him ditching me because he doesn't think he is doing anything wrong. I'
m
sure I'
m
overreacting a bit but I just don't feel like he is giving me the same respect I gave him when I was with someone. We drifted apart before at the beginning of high school because he had a
gf
for over a year and he blew off all of his friends to be with her, he said that would never happen again but now I feel like its the same thing all over again. Sorry this is long and probably sounds a bit crazy but I don't know what to do. Any advice would be great. Thanks.

Edited by geminigirl2011
adding information

Your post is a little hard to read...paragraphs would help :)

Anyway if I was you, I would leave him alone. You can't make people want to hang out with you, and complaining about it is only going to annoy him more, and drive him further away from you. You could apologise for getting angry at him, to try to clear the air, but that's about all I would do if I was you. People do get busy and it can be hard making time for everyone.

• Author
geminigirl2011

Thanks for the response green_tea. I tried to edit it orginially to make it more readable but I couldn't figure it out. I'
m
new here
so
I couldn't figure it out.

Heres the story..my friend and I have known eachother for many years but have been best friends for about four years now, up until about 10 months ago we were both single during the entire time. Well I started dating someone then 3 weeks later he starting dated someone,
so
everything was fine while we were both dating someone and we decided that we would have a set hangout day since we both had someone else, work full time, and go to school. During the time I was with my
bf
I hardly made other plans on 'our' day
so
I only got to see my
bf
once a week because of this, and he would see his
gf
a lot more than I saw my
bf
so
I did make plans on our day a couple of times but I told him weeks in advance about it. Now that I've been single for 3 months he has been making plans on 'our' day and telling me last minute which really makes me mad, because I never did that to him when I was with my
bf

So
this week we had barely talked because of school
so
the weekend comes around and I automatically assumed we would be hanging out since we hadnt in almost a week well he text me and said he could only hangout until a certain time which wouldn't work for me because I had stuff I had to do before we hungout because we always hangout later in the day,
so
thats where the argument begins. I told him he could have told me sooner, and he said we didn't have plans
so
he didn't see what the deal is, which we never make plans because when we do they never happen.
So
he continues saying that are 'our' day thing is void because I'
m
single now
so
that made me even more mad because part of the reason my
bf
broke up with me is because we didn't see each other that much. We sent a bunch of text back and forth basically arguing and the last thing he said was that he is too busy and trying to do many things, and trying to make time for too many people in his life, and he doesn't know why
Im
always the one to get ditched,
so
I text him back saying I would no longer be someone that he would have to make time for..and left it at that.

I haven't heard from him since. I'
m
not really sure what to do. We have never gone this long without talking even when we were both mad at eachother. I don't want to lose him as a friend but at the same time I know nothing will change as far as him ditching me because he doesn't think he is doing anything wrong. I'
m
sure I'
m
overreacting a bit but I just don't feel like he is giving me the same respect I gave him when I was with someone. We drifted apart before at the beginning of high school because he had a
gf
for over a year and he blew off all of his friends to be with her, he said that would never happen again but now I feel like its the same thing all over again. Sorry this is long and probably sounds a bit crazy but I don't know what to do. Any advice would be great. Thanks.

Edited by geminigirl2011