not too close friend is pregnant, how can i help her or should i?

jalexy

I have a friend who will be 21 in January and she is pregnant and not married. She met the father of her unborn child about 4 months ago and he just left her. She is going to raise this kid on her own, with medicare (grrr!!).

Anyways, Im not really close with her but I feel really bad for her. I know that I am not close enough to give her any financial support and I know that would be a bad route to go down. But what can I do for her? I offered her a ride to the hospital if she ever needs it. But I feel like I should or am supposed to do more?

Make handmade babysitting coupons for after the baby is born. She will love you to death for allowing her to get out of the house for an hour or two. I think offering your help and services is about all you can do...

Jalexy -

I am kind of in a similar situation. I have a friend who I graduated with, roomed with in college, and we have gotten really close over the past couple of years. Well, last Febuary (we were still living in the dorm together) she found out she was pregnant and she wasn't married either. I was the first one to find out besides her. She is due next month and over the past 8 or so months, we have drifted apart. I mean, we still talk about once a week, but I wish we were still like sisters like we were. I wish I could help her out and be involved in her pregnancy and her life like I want to be so badly. I really care about her a lot. But she ended up marrying the guy even though I don't really thing she should have, but maybe it will all work out.

I think the best thing you can do is just to let your friend know that you are there for her if she ever needs you. That's really all you can do. And keep in touch with her and ask her how things are and if she needs anything, just be a friend and help her out the best you can. That's all I know to tell you. Hope it works out, and good luck! I know how you feel.

The best thing you can do is just be there for her.

pregnancy isnt the end of the world afterall and many people cope alone just fine.

She sounds like she got it all planned out and im sure that she has thought things thru.