Gifts to friend of the opposite sex...

Adriel

What are some nice gifts that a girl would like, but a gift not saying "I love you" or "I really really like you alot" or "lets date" but so it means "I really like you" like a really good friend. If you know what im talking about plz help. I thinking maybe a nice piece of art work, but girls dont seem to be fund of art. If possible, whats something nice I could make using my hands?

-Thanks

2SidestoStories

So let me clarify...you want to give a gift to a girl that expresses that you dig her as a friend and nothing more? My suggestion would be to make something that relates to whatever she may be interested in. If you're talented enough, maybe draw or sculpt or paint a fantastic image of her favorite animal, or use favorite colors.

Not all girls are 'unfond' of art, btw. :)

Is this for a particular occasion, or just "because"?

Maybe I can help, but ya gotta give me more to go on... :)

OH!... and what kind of things does she like or enjoy doing??

There are a ton of things you can get her. Maybe something that relates to an experience you two had or an inside joke. My best friend (who is a guy) and I always get each other cards that have nothing to do with whatever the occasion is. Like a father's day card for his birthday (even though he's 19 and has no kids) or a "sorry for your loss" card for Christmas. It's fun and there's no way it could be misconstrued as anything but that.

• Author
Originally posted by EnigmaXOXO

Is this for a particular occasion, or just "because"?

Its kind of a thank you thing, but I want to give her more than a thank you card because shes done alot for me, shes always been there, she also gives me things while I havent givien her things.

• 2 months later...

I found a site with a small selection of great gifts for anyone. They offer the Coleman Power Failure Emergency Light (a gift that shows you care) at the best price on the web. They're a lighting company that sells miniature lamps, etc., to the aerospace industry, but they have an online gift shop with cool LED flashlight at great prices. I think they're url is http://www.lumitron.com.

Harry

• 10 months later...
Wolf Windshadow

My best friend is female, and I am a guy... we just get eachother what ever... but we have been friends since we where tiny children and never "done anything", and people know this... so I guess that as long as people know you are just friends, get what they like... (chocolate works well with most women...... bigger box = better, for us guys... well... what do we like :p )

Go into gift shops or any type of shop and let your inspiration guide you. You'll be amazed at what you'll find. Select a few stuff and then we'll help you choose.

I was with my bf at the ocean and bought three little turtles made all out of shells, with a pair of funny black glasses on. I couldn't stop and bought Three of them. They were all for myself. I wanted tomake a congregation !!!!

I gave one to my best male friend - he wears glasses too and he is just a special person. No reason what so ever. Didn't see the expression on his face change, but I knew he knew I liked it and that I cared.

He's almost 30 but such a baby !!!!

Cented candles, the tiny flat round ones, are always a nice, neutral gift. For a guy or a girl.

...or, simply a birthday card thanking him/her for their friendship and offering a friendly lunch outing to "hang out." That's what I plan on doing for my male friend I got to know three months ago. His birthday is Tuesday, but I will see him Monday - just two days from now! I'm opposte from you. I'm female and he is male. :D