He says I'm his "Buddy", but am I?

R2litefan

Hello everyone, I have a problem on my hands that I really don't know what I should do about it. Here's the problem: I have this friend, he says that I am his "buddy" which is just fine, but he does not come and talk to me, I have to go and talk to him otherwise I don't think we would ever talk at all. We work at the same place but different shifts so once a week or so I stay after my shift to go and chit-chat with him. His brother also works with us but on a different shift and last night we had a union meeting to attend and I ended up standing right in front of him and his brother and I turned around to smile and say "hi" and he looked the other way, his brother said hi and we talked a little bit but my so called buddy wouldn't acknowledge me at all. We had talked earlier in the day briefly and he seemed fine so I don't know why he was like he was at the meeting that same night. I am beginning to wonder if he has told his brother one thing and me another, but why would someone do that? We are just friends. I do have to admit that last year I got angry at him and wouldn't talk to him and he told one of his friends that he was relieved that I was out of his life, his friend also told me that I deserved better than him anyway because he just uses people. Anyway, I asked my "buddy" about it and he said he never said anything like that to his friend, but his friend could not have known that without him telling him that, but why would he tell his friends one thing and me another? I enjoy talking to him but I am wondering if I should quit wasting my time on someone who doesn't want his friends or family to know that he is wasting his time on me. What do you think?

Hes not worth your time.....sounds like hes playin you...don't talk to him...don't make an effort for his part...cause it sounds to me like he doesn't care either way....so don't waste your energy.....if hes your "buddy" then you are one of the guys...? So you won't go past that, its up to you is he worth the stress?? ;)

• Author

Thanks for your replies, I really do appreciate them and I guess I have the same thoughts I just needed to hear it from someone else just in case I was over-reacting or reading things the wrong way. This so called "Buddy" is history. I don't need anyone playing those kind of games with me...cribbage or poker but not head games....thanks again! :D