is my friend a gold digger when it comes to dating?

jalexy

My best friend is asian and her family is hard core about her finding a man that has money. they think that love fades in a marriage and that when it fades atleast you will have money. they also think "can love buy you that prada you want?"

this bothers me immensely because she just broke up with her boyfriend because hes not in premed or med school, but is hoping to one day. fact of the matter is, he doesnt haev money and they "think" he wont ever make it. so now, she is just looking for someone in medical school, that is it. all she wants is someone who can buy her cars, purses, etc....and of course she says they have to love her too and she love him.

I dont know why this bugs me, im trying to support her in this because her family has convinced her she wont be happy without tons of money, and i know i haev no say in it. but what do yall think?

2SidestoStories

My ex's favorite thing to throw in my face was that if I left him I was damning myself and the kids to poverty. Thing is, within five years, I have a shot at a six figure salary with the training to become....get this....A LIBRARIAN!!!! Tah-dah. SOOOO....Premed or whatever, this poor girl is likely to be unhappy no matter what money-earning fellow she might land.

Ah, to be a hopeless romantic with dreams of Porsches and Gucci Bags! <Le Sigh!>

:sick:

Originally posted by jalexy

My best friend is asian and her family is hard core about her finding a man that has money. they think that love fades in a marriage and that when it fades atleast you will have money. they also think "can love buy you that prada you want?"

this bothers me immensely because she just broke up with her boyfriend because hes not in premed or med school, but is hoping to one day. fact of the matter is, he doesnt haev money and they "think" he wont ever make it. so now, she is just looking for someone in medical school, that is it. all she wants is someone who can buy her cars, purses, etc....and of course she says they have to love her too and she love him.

I dont know why this bugs me, im trying to support her in this because her family has convinced her she wont be happy without tons of money, and i know i haev no say in it. but what do yall think?

i want to add that she is also in school doing a major she wishes not to (pharmacy), so one day she can support herself. who knows!

i like your story- 2sides- awesome for you!!!