Bathroom etiquette

pinkroses

This is kind of gross, but I really need opinions. I had a friend stay at my apartment last night. I had to leave for work early this morning so I left him my key to lock up when he left a little later. Well, when I got home this afternoon he had left the toilet unflushed, and it wasn't #1. I'm thinking it was an oversight, that he forgot to flush or for some strange reason it didn't go down. I know he wouldn't have done it on purpose. My question is, should I bring this to his attention (in a humorous or serious way?) or just not say anything? He really should be more conscienscious in someone else's home, I sure would be.

He probably took a shower, took a bathroom before his shower, and merely forgot. It seems to be a guy thing to do, a woman thing too. If you mention it, I would do so jokingly, so as not to embaress him in a bad way. Im sure it was just an oversight. Now what is rude, is when your roomates little brothers uses the bathroom, uses up the last of the toilet paper, and instead of ASKING where there was more, becuase he used it up, he just leaves it empty, so when you sit down, your boyfreind has to get the TP for you. Its just good manors, you use something up, replace it, if you dont know whwer it is ASK! Thats ok, I am only going to be stuck with him for a couple of more months

• 4 weeks later...

I would say something. That is really a nasty thing to come home and be greeted with the wafting aroma of someone's dooky in the pot! I bet he forgot. Guy thing.

I say, if this is the first time it happened, let it go. If it happens again, and he's a repeat offender, than say something. I'm sure he didn't do it on purpose. I wouldn't get neurotic about it just yet.

Dalmatianbaby

P.S. Its really hard not to use poop puns in responses like this!! :D

Don't mention it. That's just childish (hmm, where have I heard those words before?) I'm sure he didn't do it on purpose and it would just embarrass him. And if for some really weird reason he did do it on purpose just to get a rise out of you, why give him the satisfaction of saying anything about it? Just ignore the whole thing.