"Female Friend"

ERIC523113

I don't like to use names so I will refer to my friend simply as "Female Friend". I met this female yrs ago through one of my male friends. She started asking me to go to church with her and I did a few times. At the time I was single and still single as of today. My problem is this...After a while I started having feellings for her only to find out she was in love with my male friend that had introduced us. My male friend swore up and down that he had no romantic interest in her what so ever. So I continued to hang out with her. After hanging out about 3 months or so she decided to go into the Service. After years of serving our country she is now a civilian. We have since met up and been hanging out. The problem now is the feellings I had before have came back stronger then ever. My male friend that introduced us has been a friend of mine for many many years and still is a "friend". I have told my "female Friend" how I feel and she has told me she still loves my male friend but would never reject me in fear of hurting me. When her and I hang out we click. I feel I need her in my life even if it is just as a friend. Am I setting myself up to have a broken heart holding on to the false hope that the fireworks and magic will eventually erupt between us? I truely feel that God has sent her back in my life for a reason or I would have let her go a long time ago. I really do not want to break up a long time friendship with my male friend that still swears up and down that he has no romantic interest in her what so ever! I am attracted to this "Female Friend" not only physically but mentally, emotionally, personality wise and for many many other reasons. I feel letting her go out of my life totaly is the WRONG thing to do. Any suggestions is greatly appreciated! Thanks! PLEASE HELP!

Edited by ERIC523113

i think you should talk with your friend first to be in safe side and tell him about your feeling frankly and you never like to cut your friendship with him and then tell her that you are attracted to her not only physically but mentally, emotionally, and personality.

don't left her,

[i feel letting her go out of my life totaly is the WRONG thing to do.]

Well then you have two choices: remain friends with her, as torturous as that may be for you, or get some distance, at least for a while. She obviously just "isn't into you" that way.