5 years NC.. this is great but..weird?

Trying to keep it short, I promise!

Met a guy (Brian) about 8 years ago when I was depressed/having a terrible relationship with a long distance boyfriend... Brian was just an awesome friend to talk with; could be so open with him. Fell for him after I broke up with my long distance boyfriend. However, Brian didn't want a commitment.. It was rough for awhile but I gradually pulled out of the friendship. Dated other guys. Made other friends. Had mini-success and achievements without running to him talk to like old times...

...And so time passed....

I'm actually getting in contact with Brian because he was an awesome friend and wanted to chitter-chat about the old days & reminisce. Also I'm seeking out more friends since I'm currently applying the NC to a guy that tossed me a few days ago...[!]

So how long will this weird feeling last? I tense up fearing he's going out ask me out.. (I assure you, I was on the edge of my seat waiting for him to many-a-year ago)... But not now. Things are great -- Just as open, if not more.. Just as many jokes.. but.. eh, if something so much seems flirty......my stomach drops! Is this normal for awhile? Will it go away? I'm wondering if in another 5 years when I can manage to talk to the other guy again if I'll have to go through the same feelings. And not to mention, I want to get over the weird feeling for fearing I'll ruin a blossoming buddyship!

Thanks for taking time to read my post!

-Swimie:D

Edited by Swimie