When a Friend is an Ass...

My rant today... Should you tell a friend when you think they are being an ass?

Obviously one of my friends thinks not. Hmmm....

This is one of those pushy professional salespeople types. Everything is brunt and curt. I just pointed out her friends are NOT her customers or suppliers, so use a little tact when interacting. In other words, chill out a little. She says she doesn't have time for bull**** or drama in life anymore, and so I guess this means, she doesn't want to take the time to be more explanatory to friends including me.

However, this is also one of the those friends that stands by you through thick and thin, and has stayed when all others have run. Ouch...

A part of me is kicking myself for saying anything, but it was written all over my face anyway; she knew something was up. I avoided her for a few days because I wasn't sure what to do, but she persisted. Okay, so perhaps it was like me asking a zebra to change it's stripes? But, what is a friendship if they don't tell you that you have a booger hanging off the end of your nose or your getting pushy like a bull and rude like an mule? I ask you. :eek:

You did the right thing. The friendship could be in real jeopardy if she continued this behavior unmodified. This is something she has to learn and perhaps she will after she loses a few of her valued friends. She probably doesn't realize she is being this way.

sounds like this is one of her "thick or thin" periods in her life, and she's going to need you to keep reminding her that while it's good she's cutting the bull**** out, she won't be considered "soft" if she lightens up. Just hang in there and every so often let her know when she needs to ease up. In the long run, especially if you use tact while telling her, she'll appreciate it.