Toxic friend trying to get in touch

Chillygirl

Hi,

I have no idea where where I can get some advice on this topic, so I figured I could start here...

I had a toxic friend in high school. I moved away from my home town 11 years ago and used that as the opportunity to distance myself.

I guess she has decided she would like to reconnect. She is going about doing this by posting my personal information (full name, date of birth, mother's full name, personal details and my ex-boyfriends information) to various public websites including Craigslist and 4chan (4chan, wtf!?!).

I am a private person and do not want all of my details out on the web. However, I also do not want to have friendship with or even interact with this person.

I figure my options are:

1) Write her an email from a fakey email account asking that she stop. I really want to make it clear that I don't care to talk to her. I also don't want to piss her off for fear that she flips.

2) Try to get ahold of her mother to see if she would pass the message on. However, don't know how well that would go over.

3) Just ignore it and hope it goes away.

I don't want to be a b, but this is stressing me out and I would really like to put an end to it. I would love to hear any advice/suggestions/whatever.

Thanks in advance.

You're trying to make this easy on yourself. Don't. Just send her a message saying you never want her to contact you again. Add that she is to stop posting your personal information on the web immediately. Why cares if she flips out? Let her.

• Author
Firstly, you should report her to CL for exposing your personal info and have it removed!

Thanks. I have done this already. Each site as been great about removing the info. Just want to stop having to do this altogether. :(