Losing My Best Friend

BestFriendProblem84

BestFriendProblem84

Hi! ummm me and my friend we met in 8th grade, and were best friend automatically... things were great we shared everything together, in 9th grade my grandfather had a heart attack, and he eventually died, my friend was with me when he died, he was there for me for days, my entire life changed within 2 days, grandpa died, my mother got remarried to some idiot, my entire family disowned her and me because of the marriage, and i had no way of expressing my self, i eventually i got so bad, i was snapping at everyone for any reason i had a meltdown, i basically made everyone around me hate me including my best friend, after a month or so of me realizing what i was doing, i fixed everything with all of that, and my best friend had a girlfriend which was fine, until i started getting cut out of the picture, it was gradually turning into him and his girlfriend and no room for me, it go so bad, that we just called it quits to the friendship so the rest of 9th grade, all of summer, and part of 10th grade we fought, then we finally grew up and fixed everything, (of course he and his girl weren't going together anymore) but to-wards the end of the 1st semester of 10th grade him and his ex-girl started up again, and i got cut out of the picture again, this time, i had to leave school because as my luck went on that year, my dad died, and i had to deal with all of that, so i went away for the rest of 10th grade, during that time his dad died as well. I tried to call him and help him through that but he didn't want nothing to do with me, anyway, a YEAR went on, and we never talked, until i moved away, and had a going away party i didn't talk to him, he came to the party for a few minutes we made up, hugged, and i moved... since then its been basically a long distance friendship, it was great we shared everything like we used to... its been almost 2 years that i have lived away from him, I flew out to go to his Graduation, it was great, i didn't see him much because he is always so busy, on my last night there, we were supposed to do something together, but he had to do something else, so i flew home upset, i emailed him telling him how i felt about that, he told me he felt weird around me because it's been so long, which i understood because i felt the same... but regardless... i've been back from graduation for almost 2 months, and it seems like he's talking to me less and less... i mean whenever i have a problem i tell him he helps me with it, but its like he doesnt share anything with me... i don't know if its just because nothing is happening or is it just because he doesn't want to talk to me...? I wanted to confront him about it, but i wanted to do it in person, so im wondering should i confront him or not? i asked my other friends but they were no help... PLEASE HELP!

Friends come and go throughout life. Doesn't mean they don't want to be friends anymore, it just means that life's experiences sometimes takes them in different directions than that of yours. They may not feel the close identification with you as they once did because everyone changes as they become adults.

I'd say still be cordial but don't expect anything of this person and try to make new friends or move on with the ones you have now.