I can't take the fact that she doesn't even want to TRY to figure anything out

Starlight43

Starlight43

This girl and I used total best friends, we'd hang out every single weekend and talk to each other every day. Suddenly when we hit tenth grade she found a few other girls that she liked to hang out with, and started to disclude me.

When I confronted her about it, we got in a big fight. We both said a lot of mean and hurtful things, well I mostly said a lot of mean things she she said a share of it too (a lot behind my back i think).

Later that year we got together and we resolved everything (or so I thought) we talked everything out, and both said we were sorry for the things we did, and how it was all pretty stupid. we even made plans to hang out, which we did one time.

After that, we sort of started drifting apart again, which wasn't a big deal because to me we were still on good terms with eachother after we made up. so..... a school year passed, and we had seemed to still be on good terms we did a couple of school projects together and it was fun.

Then summer came, and being the person I am I thought it would be a good time to mend broken or lost friendships so I asked her on AIM if she woudl like to hang out sometime. Well she blocked me.

and from a mutual friend(more closer to her) I found out she was like "i really dont want to get into all of that again, plus i herad she just wasn't getting along with her "other friends""

So after hearing that I obvioulsy guessed that we must not have been on very good terms. so i confronted her about it called her up and told her that I thought we should work thigns out because I had wanted to talk to her.

..She told me she was leaving on a trip (which she actually was) and she woudln't have enough time until she got back to talk about things, and she told me she would call me when she got back so we actually could talk it sounded pretty considerate. ...Its been 10 days since she's gotten back and she still hasn't tried.

Basically it hurts my feelings because not meaning to sound snotty or anything but I know i'm not a loser, I have a lot of different friends, but it just hurts my feelings when I know she's saying bad things about me. but WAY more than that...it hurts my feelings more about being on bad terms with someone, and I can't take the fact that she doesn't even want to TRY to figure anything out.

Help! what should i do?? this issue is really bringing me down.

Sometimes people just grow apart, even when you think you're best of friends. If this girl has been dissing you behind your back, then I would say that she's not that good of a friend. Friends should be supportive and care about each other. If she doesn't care enough to make the effort to rebuild your friendship, then you should just forget about her and make better friends. Sometimes problems can't be reconciled no matter how much you want them to be. Make friends who will like you for who you are and don't worry about this girl. If she keeps on this path she soon won't have any friends at all. If you are true to yourself, honest and caring, your true friends will know how nice of a person you are no matter what this other girl may say. :cool:

• Author
Starlight43

Thank you for replying to my message, what you said really helped a lot. You really made me realize that everything will be okay as long as I am being myself and that i'm also honest and kind to other people. Other people have told me that also, but this time it actually hit me, so thank you :)