Bitchy Friend

ReadyforLove

ReadyforLove

I met someone new and got invited to hang out with him and his friends yesterday. I decided to bring a female friend along. When we got to our destination, plans changed and it ended up being me, the new guy and my female friend at a bar together. I didn't want my friend to feel like the 3rd wheel so I asked her ahead of time if it was okay if the guy hung out with us. She said it was fine, not a big deal.

We go inside the bar, and at some point, the guy and I start focusing more on each other. He was sitting across from my friend and I and he grabbed my hand from across the table at one point as we were talking (it was cute). My friend started chatting with a gay couple that was sitting right next to us so I thought everything was fine. Suddenly, my friend tells me she needs to use the restroom. We excuse ourselves and while in the bathroom she proceeds to tell me that I am being so rude because I'm ignoring her, holding hands with this guy, staring into his eyes and she pretty much feels like the 3rd wheel. She says she wants to go home and I say "okay". We get back to the table, sit down and I'm trying to find the right time to tell the guy that we are leaving. Within ONE MINUTE of sitting down, my friend shouts "I'M READY TO GO, I'M THE F*CKIN THIRD WHEEL. YOU GUYS CAN DROP ME OFF AND GO HANG OUT SOMEWHERE ELSE BUT THIS SH*T IS STUPID!!!!"

:eek:

The guy was really cool about it, walked us to our car and we left. I'm then trying to explain to my friend how rude she was! She had already voiced to me that she wanted to leave, she should have left it up to me to tell him nicely. The way everything came out of her mouth was just uncalled for! She is a grown ass woman and I shouldn't need to entertain her all night. She could have gotten up, mingled or just made the best of the situation. It's not like I KNEW it was going to end up being just the 3 of us that night and I asked her beforehand if it was okay and she said it was!

Now, of course, the guy thinks she's a bitch and I am really questioning our friendship. If I even see this guy again, and it's a group event, I'm sure he is NOT going to want me to bring this friend along. And, why would I even want to? Some people think the world revolves around them and if things aren't going their way, or they aren't getting attention from men then the night is a complete waste. To make it even worse, I dropped her off at her house and she left my car without even saying goodbye! RUDE!

Does anyone else have bitchy friends that make them look bad? How do you deal with this? They say that birds of a feather flock together and I do NOT want to be associated with someone who is that rude and inconsiderate!

/end rant

Bah I would ditch her! Has she always acted like this or is it completely out of character?

There's no point having toxic people in your life.

SpanksTheMonkey
I met someone new and got invited to hang out with him and his friends yesterday. I decided to bring a female friend along. When we got to our destination, plans changed and it ended up being me, the new guy and my female friend at a bar together. I didn't want my friend to feel like the 3rd wheel so I asked her ahead of time if it was okay if the guy hung out with us. She said it was fine, not a big deal.

We go inside the bar, and at some point, the guy and I start focusing more on each other. He was sitting across from my friend and I and he grabbed my hand from across the table at one point as we were talking (it was cute). My friend started chatting with a gay couple that was sitting right next to us so I thought everything was fine. Suddenly, my friend tells me she needs to use the restroom. We excuse ourselves and while in the bathroom she proceeds to tell me that I am being so rude because I'm ignoring her, holding hands with this guy, staring into his eyes and she pretty much feels like the 3rd wheel. She says she wants to go home and I say "okay". We get back to the table, sit down and I'm trying to find the right time to tell the guy that we are leaving. Within ONE MINUTE of sitting down, my friend shouts "I'M READY TO GO, I'M THE F*CKIN THIRD WHEEL. YOU GUYS CAN DROP ME OFF AND GO HANG OUT SOMEWHERE ELSE BUT THIS SH*T IS STUPID!!!!"

:eek:

The guy was really cool about it, walked us to our car and we left. I'm then trying to explain to my friend how rude she was! She had already voiced to me that she wanted to leave, she should have left it up to me to tell him nicely. The way everything came out of her mouth was just uncalled for! She is a grown ass woman and I shouldn't need to entertain her all night. She could have gotten up, mingled or just made the best of the situation. It's not like I KNEW it was going to end up being just the 3 of us that night and I asked her beforehand if it was okay and she said it was!

Now, of course, the guy thinks she's a bitch and I am really questioning our friendship. If I even see this guy again, and it's a group event, I'm sure he is NOT going to want me to bring this friend along. And, why would I even want to? Some people think the world revolves around them and if things aren't going their way, or they aren't getting attention from men then the night is a complete waste. To make it even worse, I dropped her off at her house and she left my car without even saying goodbye! RUDE!

Does anyone else have bitchy friends that make them look bad? How do you deal with this? They say that birds of a feather flock together and I do NOT want to be associated with someone who is that rude and inconsiderate!

/end rant

Oh yes I feel your pain I just broke off what I thought was a great friendship a few days ago it ended in a screaming match between the two of us!

I think we should introduce them they sound like a perfect match the world only revolves around this chick and only HER needs or HER issues are important!

So if your not serving any purpose to her she treats you like last weeks moldy leftovers!

Your not alone believe me shes not a good friend cut contact if you keep hanging out with her the new guy may think twice of the hole situation best of luck I know it stinks..:(

• Author
ReadyforLove

I talked to a mutual friend of ours last night and she told me "she did that to me once also!" So this "friend" obviously has serious issues. I am definitely considering cutting ties. Thank you everyone for the replies.