stood up by a friend

ImThinkingWTF

ImThinkingWTF

Last night I had a few friends over for tapas and wine. A couple brought bottles to contribute to the party. I texted one friend to see when he would arrive and he responded asking if I had any beer. I told him a few but that everyone was drinking wine and we had a few bottles. He said "That's not enough" and then proceeded to tell me to tell not ask our friend to get a bottle of cab. Even though I already told him I had a big bottle of cab. That really annoyed me but I still would have liked for him to come. So after the wine situation is sorted out he says he will come over at 10. Well that time passes by and I text him to see if he's on his way and get no response. I text him once more and still nothing. So last night I deleted his number. I want to send him an email telling him how rude he was for not only not showing up but for being so demanding and then not even responding. Our friend did go pick up the bottle of cab...and its still here, unopened. Is sending him an email appropriate or am I overreacting? I am at the point where I want to cut ties.

Hey - I bet there's more history to this "friend" than you're writing about. The kind of history that layers of annoyances are built upon.

But if you don't want to be friends with someone you don't have to be. You can do it swiftly (ie. cut off all contact/quit cold turkey) or slowly (ie. start distancing yourself). Up to you. Good luck!