Online Friendships

fooled once

fooled once

I have to say, I have met some really great people since I joined here! There are several people from here that I communicate with offsite and I have really enjoyed getting to know them!!!! ;)

I also belong to another website (for step parenting issues) and met some really great people there too. I have one friend who we met online 8 years ago and we found out we lived 10 minutes from each other! We now meet up at least once a month for dinner or lunch. We found out we had so much more in common than just step issues, but it has also been great to have a real life/in person friend who I can look to for support regarding step parenting issues!

I do realize that there can be a lot of abuse and mis-trust with the internet, so many times you have to be careful. But some of the best friends I have are people I met online.

And .... I met my husband online almost 13 years ago, and we will celebrate our 12th wedding anniversary in another week!

Who else has had this kind of good experience online?

I have some amazing online friends...ive met 5 of them, and i can honestly say they are closer than the friends i have in "reality".

And i have also had some horrible online friendships...yanno the ones who you think are genuine and turn out to be poopsticks.

I met my first bf online - but we became really good friends before anything happened.

I still speak to quite a few people online that I've known for about 5 years now...sometimes you just can't shake these people off ;)

Really though, I've met some great people that I know I'd probably never be friends with irl if I saw them on the street.

White Flower

I have! I speak daily to friends I've met here either on the phone or other social websites. Some I've even met up with and spent time with in person. I hope to meet more, especially those whose advice has gotten me through some pretty heavy times.:love::love::love:

One of those friends once told me that LS saved their life. I know it has changed mine.:)

Good experience here.

The most important person in my life I met online....here actually (for those who don't know) We started as friends and after both our respective relationships ended her and I just naturally grew close. I can't explain how it happened but it did and things are amazing.:love:

Also met another individual from here as well. His friends are interesting to say the least.:laugh:

Citizen Erased

Aside from Pyro, who is perfect for me and I bless the circumstances that brought me here, I have met two other people from LS and they're both fantastic people. One of them I have been close to for years and he is one of the few people I can count on, I was so happy to have the chance to meet him. :love: And the other is the most fascinating person I have come across, he gets random literary references most don't. :p

This place has it's faults but it has given me a lot, most importantly my perfect guy but also friends that add a lot to my life.

Citizen Erased
I thought I probably disappointed you in person

It was an imperfect situtation to hang out and relax. And my friend kind of dominated the conversation, but hes a character at least

Don't be silly. I really want to go back to Chicago so I'm determined to have round two anyway. :)

• Author
fooled once
I have some amazing online friends...ive met 5 of them, and i can honestly say they are closer than the friends i have in "reality".

And i have also had some horrible online friendships...yanno the ones who you think are genuine and turn out to be poopsticks.

I definitely know the kind you are talking about!! ;)

!

I have a few close online friends. My experience is that you meet a lot of people online very quick, form close friendships very quick, then they disappear very quick. I think most are online looking for something that is missing in their real life and when they find it they're gone.

Of all the people I've met, only a very very few are still my friends a few years later. Some really close friends, others just chat with now and then, and some others pretty much hate me at this point, so it is kind of like real life.

BubbleFreak

I met my boyfriend when he suddenly got added into a conversation on MSN. That was over 4 years ago. We learned a lot about each other fast by talking online and we also saw each other in person a few times. Our first real date was 2 weeks after that initial MSN convo. Talking online definitely helped since we are both shy people.

Not me, but it's good to see that other people had positive online experiences.

Some of my best friends I met online. The only problem I ran into is a bit of a jealousy from my old "real life" friends because I've become more social due to the internet and have to split my time between more people who might not have anything in common outside of knowing me. Has anyone run into this jealousy problem with your 'real life' friends?