is this friendship worth going back too?

thalia-40

so i had this bestfriend for about the past 3 yrs. so now we're in the 10th grade and in the first semester she started being rude and two faced with one of our bestfriends,sooo towards the end of the semester like october-ish to november she started hanging out with the "popular/known" girls at school.She would ditch me at lunch and be like "oh i thought you were'nt here today" every friggin day! Eventually we had lost our closeness and she was ditching me and she developed an attitude and all that crap.i felkt betrayed b/c was always there for her from day one,never ditched her for anyone. I know how that sounds a lil dumb but hey i missed our friendship.Annd then 2-3 months later a friend niki and i got into an arguement with another friend sandra, this is where my "bestie" comes in and tells me sandra was talking about me and and niki.Of course i go to sandra and confront her,sandra tells me my "bestie" lied and i get into an arguement with her (bestie)(we fought through txt msg -lame !) so then she thereatens me n talks crap to me.Next two months we dont talk then suddenly this week she hugs me n says she hates the girls shes with and wants to hang out again.sounds like im the "back up friend" so i confront her about it and she says no i miss you! ur my number one friend! should i believe her after everything?

should i try and wrk out the friendship?

Help as best as you can to help me think properly! :]

p.s. im also worried as to what my friends will think of me if im friends with her again, i know i shouldnt but i am :/

You can always tell her "Look I can see that if you don't like these new friends you might want to go back to our friendship, but the fact is you really hurt my feelings. I don't trust things that you say because of what happened. If you are genuine about wanting to be friends again, you'll need to prove it. How? well, ditch the girls you don't like for starters..."

If she really wants to be friends, she needs to step up and act like a young adult, not a 12 year old jumping from clique to clique because of some ridiculous popularity contest.

Of course you'll also need to translate into teenspeek. It's been a long time for me and I already know I've grown old enough to get the eyeroll from my kid if I tried.

• Author

thank you! :]

"teenspeak" one of the most difficult forms of communication :p

this got me thinking as to why she still hangs out with them if she hates them.. of coarse she wont have an honest response . Ive asked her if her hateing them was the only reason she wanted to hang out, of coarse she said no and still hangs out with them . & thanks to your question i now realize for a fact she wont ditch them ://

but its alright :] not the end of the world

thanks a bunch !! it helps to get another persons opinion(:

Glad I could help. High school is tough enough already, but having good solid friends can make all the difference. It sounds like she doesn't quite know where she fits in, so she is trying on a lot of different personalities, but in the process she is sacrificing true friendship.

Stay firm about making people prove their intentions and you'll be able to weed out the jerks no problem. Sounds like you have a pretty good head on your shoulders already :)