Friend thinking divorce, but thinking baby too!

A friend of mine married a man last June who was a complete jerk to her throughout their whole dating time. Hit her, cheated on her etc, etc.....anyway, they have been married for a year now and he has been cheating on her again. He filed for divorce, but now they are trying to work it out. SHe recently found out that she has a cyst in her uterus that is malignant, and the doctor told her that if she was ever going to have a baby, she needed to do it soon. So now they are trying for a baby!!! This is such a horrible situation for her. Because the relationship is unstable, and they don't need to have a baby while the relationship is on the rocks, but if she doesn't have one soon, she may lose her chance. :(

I just thought I would share this sad story with those of you on the boards. It's true, but sad and it's about someone close to me.

I wouldn't want to be in the position of your friend but she needs to take full responsibility for her plight. She is the one who remained with this a**h*** all this time and now she seems to be stuck with his sperm under the conditions.

I think it's pretty sad to bring a baby into this world where the parents almost assuredly will get divorced. Your friend would be a whole lot better getting some sperm from a sperm bank where she can look through catalogs for different traits. It would be better for the father of her child to be a nice anonymous guy than a known first class jerk who's going to leave her anyway.

That's what I think, I may be wrong.