Calling a guy

Wondering Why

Wondering Why

I like this guy but we're just friends. While I was chatting with him on MSN thursday this past week I told him I would give him a call that same evening. I called him later on that night and he did not answer my call so I left a message. It is now Saturday and he still hasn't called me back. I am a little upset that he didn't call me yesterday. I know it was Friday night and all but isnt' it common courtesy to return my call the next day, even if it is a friday. And I doubt I'll hear from him today (Saturday) either since he goes out with his friends usually. I figure he'll call either Sunday or Monday night when he's bored and nothing is going on. I'm finding this rude. I don't want to be unreasonable but I can't help but think if he really wanted to talk to me he would have called me back right away or even the very next day. Does anybody think that this is rude or am I being unreasonable?

P.S. I haven't seen him on MSN either since that day?

It seems that u'r interested in him, and he isn't, really. You best bet is to sort of vanish - or else ask him out.

I don't think it's rude of him to return the call on Monday or next week as long as he says smth like "been so busy, yada yada". But the fact that he's taking so long shows his lack of interest.

Good luck,

-yes

YOU WRITE: "But the fact that he's taking so long shows his lack of interest."

Not necessarily!!! It may show he's not desperate and his life isn't centered around calling females on the telephone. It may also show he's an excellent strategist in relationships. If he had immediately returned the call, Wondering Why wouldn't be so obsessed with wondering why he hasn't called yet.

This guy may not be interested...but he also may be VERY interested and playing his cards exactly right. Who knows?

It's possible either way. However, very few guys out there know how to play their cards right. If he's one of the few, he'll come around and make his interest clear. If not, he won't, and it's safer for the heart to assume he's not interested. That's my reasoning...

anyway, good luck to WW!

-yes