Roommates get mad when i don't smoke with them or sometimes they try and force me to

Brady_to_Moss

Brady_to_Moss

Long story short. I was a pot head for the past 2 years but stopped this summer and only smoke about once a week now that i am back in school. My two roommates who i am good friends with smoke all day everyday. They do nothing but smoke, watch TV and eat. Its sad that they are throwing their lives away. I realized at the end of last semester that it was time for me to grow up and stop. So i did for the whole summer.

Now, when they ask me to smoke and i don't they get mad. I really don't understand. Its sad becasue my roommate asked me to do something for him and i did becasue i am a nice guy. Then i asked him to do something and he forgot because he got high instead.

They will also bug me and bug me to smoke until sometimes i cave in a go with them.

I just feel like i am in such a bad position right now. I don't want to live with them but i have too until school is over in the spring.

I don't know what to do. Yeah i smoke here and there, but nothing like before or what they do. It sucks living with smokers when you don't smoke.

superchick3177

I used to smoke every day with my friends and boyfriend. Then we broke up and i realized how much i had changed and how little life i had. how much i needed to smoke. So i tried quitting so many times but its really hard to do when everywhere you go it surrounds you.

My best advice is to talk to them. Explain that if they were really your friends they would support you and help you. and that if they continue to do it you will cut them out. Set boundaries and consequence's and fallow through with it. You have to put yourself first and you'll make more friends.

Its hard to ignore people when you live with them but it is possible. It all depends on how serious you are about it.

Stay assertive no matter what. If they pressure you or make fun of you, don't let it look like it bothers you (this will make them think it's working) and just ignore it. Laugh it off and go do something else.