Question

A friend of mine sent me the following EMAIL today:

" Throughout the many months of our relationship as friends, you have been with me through the good and bad. You have also done so much for me and I appreciate you for that. I want to let you know that I want to say thank you for all your effort and help in this friendship between you and I. You seem to make up an important part of my life but play a little role. Does that make sense? Since, we hardly see eachother anymore. "

The reason I post this, or rather post this as a question, is I'm a little confused as to why a person would say "but play a little role".

Should I be offended that someone says I play a little role in their life, or should I be honored that someone says I make up an important part of their life?

You should be quite honored. Sometimes, in expressing deep feelings, people do not choose the words to properly communicate what they mean. You have to look at the entire text to come to the conclusion that she meant well.

A very nice mail to receive.

Thanks Tony. I felt honored, I am honored, but was just confused about the "play little role" part. I feel very fortunate to have her as a friend, she means a lot to me and I'm honored to have her as a friend.

She's definately someone I would take a bullet for.