oh no,in a big mess

I did something really stupid.I gave one of my friends my postal address and she keeps on telling this other person information about me.Now what Im my suppose to do.She is giving away personal information about me that I dont want him knowing about.I should of never gave it to her darn.I hope she wont give it to him.He just im'd me and said he heard I have a po box number and I dont even feel safe about giving that out.Well Im going to tell her before she gives it to him.If I knew it would of led to this,I wouldnt of even give it to her.Now Ill have to pray he doesnt get it.I messed up big time.

Patty

• Author

Im really worried he will track me down.This is a nightmare.

Thanks Tony Im going to bed and try to get some rest,I need it.

Patty

ThisGirlNameKD

Is your life in danger if he finds out where you are? Or is he just someone that annoys you to death and you don't want to deal with him? Well, I guess those questions don't matter much. The point is your friends is given out your information without your consent. So tell your friend that you'd appreciate it if she doesn't give anyone your information unless you tell her it's okay.

• Author

He annoys me in messenger and he thinks im his girlfriend now and I never told him that.So yes,I rather not deal with him.He told my friend that im his girlfriend.So now he has plans on coming to see me.Hes been like this for 2 years and I guess he really likes me but I dont feel comfortable going off with people I dont know.I see these things on tv all the time and I wont do anything that makes me uncomfortable.

Oh and I instant messaged my friend and told her not to give him my address.Ever since he told me, she told him I had a P.O. Box.Now I kind of lost my trust in my other friend.I keep my status offline now so I can have privacy on my computer without him bothering me.Im online, but he cant see im online.He could be a real nice person in person,but Im just looking out for my own safety.

Patty

ThisGirlNameKD

That's very wise of you. Because if you've never met him and he's telling your friend that you're his girlfriend, there may be some mental thing right there. Well he may have your e-mail address, but don't worry, he doesn't have your address. You can always change your e-mail address or post office box if worst come to worst, but ask your friend why did she give him your information in the first place. It could be a situation (and people do mess up)where she didn't think it was a big deal. Not to say that what she did was right, but that's probably what the case was, and stress to her again not to give out your information to anyone without your permission.

• Author

I did accidently tell him my real name once.Hopefully he cant find me and track me down.He wants a picture of me too.But Im thinking of not bothering with that cause it makes me to uncomfortable.I wont send him email cause he will then see all the personal information about me witch shows my last name in the email.Im thinking of editing to a fake name and fake last name but dont know how to do it.

Thanks for the advice.

Patty

Patty,

Putting 2 and 2 together here, you're obviously referring to the dude you met online who was asking you for a naked picture of yourself and you weren't comfortable about giving him one YET you were afraid if you didn't that he would be disappointed in you. Tons of us tried to get through to you and clue you into the fact that DECENT people don't guilt someone online into sending them a naked picture. For all you know he could be some old pervert. Anyone can pretend to be anything/any age online. He could be a psycho or ex convict for all you know.

This is obviously also the guy you said you didn't want anything to do with and you didn't like the fact that he continued to Instant Message you...and again, we all told you HOW to ignore him on IM so that he wouldn't know when you're around.

Now, to add to this ongoing saga, you've given out your address to some half-wit, alleged friend...(this sounds a little strange to me) and you're worried that she's going to give HIM your address/box number. First of all, why are you giving out your personal info like this to ANYONE online..friend or no friend, female or male. You just don't do that, period. Secondly......how can you even call her a friend if you're worried she's going to divulge personal contact info of YOURS to someone you want nothing to do with?

I don't mean to be harsh here, but maybe you should consider taking a break from chatting on IM.....then you won't have to be put into these difficult situations. And why on earth would you be emailing this loser......(you said you would but you're afraid he'll read your full name on your email info)....I thought you didn't want anything to do with him? You're posts regarding this situation are filled with a lot of inconsistencies. And how exactly does one "accidentally" tell someone their real name? Makes no sense.

I am being harassed online as well, even though I've repeatedly told him to leave me alone. The last message I got from him (yesterday) has inspired me to do research on online harassment/online stalking.

The problem is that these people don't think that they are doing anything wrong. Everyone has access to the internet, therefore they are "doing no wrong by going out of their way to contact you, or get in your business."

According to a website I've found, you have to tell them that you want no further contact from him, and then block him in all ways possible. If he STILL contacts you after you've changed your address and/or blocked him from sending you emails (like mine has) THEN you have a problem.

I would suggest that you tell BOTH of these people nicely not to contact you. Do not insult them, just be factual about it, and tell them that you think all further contact should end then. Block them, or change your handle, and in this case, block anyone who talks to him period. Maybe if you go in the same chat rooms or something, STOP going there. If he goes out of his way to find you and harass you more, contact the authorities (which is what I am doing today). There is nothing more I HATE than someone who doesn't respect me. And "I'm sorry for bothering you" doesn't cut it.

You are allowing yourself to have drama, if you don't stop it on your own. And if you would like the link to that website I found, PM me and I'll be glad to send it to you. I just won't put it up on the board, bc my stalker reads all this ****.

• Author

Thanks for the advice,Alley.Thanks so much for understanding.Im going to do what you advised me to do is change my handle which will be good. ;)

I feel bad about posting this subject but its a scary thing.I wont post about it anymore and Im sorry if anyone thinks I'm complaining to much about this.I know what I did made no sence.

I felt like I did something wrong by posting it,so I wont post it anymore.

Patty