Missed him by just one ring!

Metalhead

Yesterday I got a call from a friend asking me about meeting up. I was indecisive so he said he would call back but I said that I wouldn't answer the phone at that time (because Thursday nights are my partner and my time to watch all the good tv shows). Then he called earlier today and suggested meeting up but I said I didn't know what I would be doing until my partner got home. When she got home we went out for our usual Friday night drink and as we got home the phone was ringing and I just missed the call. It was my friend, he left two messages; the first one saying that he really needed to talk to somebody and the second one saying that he assumes I'm not home so he won't be dropping by. I wanted to call him back but his cell phone's cut off and I can't call back the pay phones over here. So there's no way I can get a hold of him tonight unless he for some reason decides to try me again (which is unlikely and he probably thinks I was trying to avoid him).

Oh, damn, I just feel bad about it and needed to get that off my chest!

• Author
Originally posted by Bill

What's the big problem here?

The problem is that I care about my friends and feel guilty I wasn't more available for him.

Give him a call, say that it's too bad you missed his calls last night, that you tried to call him back & couldn't, and that you'd really want to meet up with him today or tomorrow, whenever he has time. If he doesn't have time, see if he wants to talk about whatever it was on the phone.

c'est tout!

-yes

• 3 weeks later...
ThisGirlNameKD

Have you ever heard the song by Stevie Wonder called "These Three Words", which the three happened to be "I love you". He was basically saying that we should never be too busy to say it to our family or friends because we never know when we will see them again or not. Now, I'm not saying you should get on the phone and say I love you. What I am asking actually is: was watching your favorite television shows all that big of a deal that you couldn't talk to some one for a little while? Are we all not aware of the VCR (if you still have one) and being able to record a program?

Let's be realistic. Everytime someone calls us in need, it's not going to be a convenient time for us. But if we truly love a friend there's a such thing call sacrifice, that we have to occasionally do.

• Like 1