all my friends seem to want to keep me single

griffinchicken53

griffinchicken53

i have several guy friends, and that is almost always who i hang out with. every now and then someone's sister, or girlfriend might be in with some of the outings but not that often. not that i want to be fixed up with anyone but noone ever brings it up. everyone seems to want to fix everyone else up, but i guess i'm supposed to never be loved.

sometimes i think the guys can tell i get frustrated and they make a comment cuz "i want to hang out with females" almost putting a guilt trip on me. they all have girlfriends and wives, so when i want to hang out it can only be when they aren't doing something with their significant others. they bad mouth dating and single life is so great. if that's true why are they with someone?

once my brother made comment that he wasn't going to have kids. one of my friends who was there said "i guess your parents won't ever have grandkids". what does that mean? am i undateable? do women say to keep me busy and occupied so i won't want to hang out with them. i'm just depressed. if i can't be around women how am i suppose to meet anyone. if i can't even be friends with women, how can i ever hope for something more.?

Then you're in the wrong crowd of friends, in terms of looking for a girlfriend. Believe me, those married couples are in a different world and ignore whatever they have to say to you.

Try working things out on your own, or better yet, find a different crowd.

• Author
griffinchicken53

been trying to branch out some more, just a few obstacles i'm trying to overcome.

Then you're in the wrong crowd of friends, in terms of looking for a girlfriend. Believe me, those married couples are in a different world and ignore whatever they have to say to you.

Try working things out on your own, or better yet, find a different crowd.

yea i'd agree with that. married people have their own "club" that you can only enter if you're married. single people have thier own "club" that you can only enter if you're single.

In addition, many married folks see single folks as a threat and try to avoid them like the plague.