Didn't get invited to a party and wondered why?

This is just an instance. If you knew a good friend didn't invite you to a party (that you found out through another friend) on Facebook (yes, now you can see parties displayed on peoples walls that you weren't invited to.)

I saw the party displayed on someone's "Wall" but, I saw partial info on it, like the hosts phone number (no address) and the event details, but it's invite only.

Now....perhaps the person forgot to invite you? Maybe it was a mistake? The host of the party IS on my friends list, should I contact that person and say, "Hey, I noticed on someone elses wall that you had a party coming up, but I didn't get the invite, is that still going on?"

Should I hit the "Request Invite"? Yeah, there's a request invite button (yeah, that makes ya look pathetic right? lol)

Perhaps there was a computer glitch, some people on the person's friends list did get the invite, others did not?

How would you approach the host about it in a diplomatic manner?

Since there is a Request Invite Button, simply use it. For a party, a gathering, etc to have such a "button" available is like screaming I'm a hillbilly with a computer. I dont think you need be concerned in the least how you should approach this.

Bells, since it is a big enough gathering that it is posted on someone's wall, I would contact the friend directly. If it was mention of a small party like a dinner party, I would leave it alone.

I liked the way you worded it. I don't think anyone would think anything amiss if you asked, since this seems to be so big and public and since you are friends.

I agree with the above. Its best to be direct with this person even though they haven't been that with you. In anycase the worst they can say to you is "no your not invited" then you know what you must do!......

whichwayisup
The host of the party IS on my friends list, should I contact that person and say, "Hey, I noticed on someone elses wall that you had a party coming up, but I didn't get the invite, is that still going on?"

By doing this, you're putting yourself in a situation where your feelings could be more hurt than they already are. Do you want a mercy invitation? How would you feel if the person invited you after you sending them a note asking about it?

Honestly, I would just let it go - Make fun plans with some other friends for that date the party is on.