broke plans with me again

I have this friend that comes over every weekend to spend the night with me.She called me last week and asked if she could spend the night with me,then the next day she calls me up and is like "Im unable to come over cause someone else called me so now Im getting together with them."

This week I was on vacation and was hoping she would want to spend time with me, cause she mentioned the last time she was here she was going to come over for 2 nights.She calls me up today and says,"I wont be able to come over cause someone else called me".Shes the only friend I got since I known since school days.I dont have any other close friends.

Last year we were going to go to a concert together and shes like "I'll only go if nothing comes up". We didnt end up going after all cause the price was to high to pay.She promised to go camping with me in my family then says "Oh I wont be able to come.Then she says "Oh I really wanted to but" Some one else called.

What really upsets me is it was probaly the last camping trip.Cause my family dont go there much anymore.She had her last chance to come with us.Now shes always saying she would like to go again but yea right everytime she gets the opportunity,she wont use it.

Im just really bummed out.

Patty

You should be bummed out. If you thought this lady was your only friend, you ain't got no friends at all.

I urge you to get out and meet some friends who actually like you and who keep their word.

I am very sorry this happened but she couldn't possibly make it more clear that you are not very important to her. The minute somebody tells you they have to cancel plans because something better came up, tell them to kiss your butt...and write them off forever.

Start loving yourself more and others will follow closely behind.

• Like 1
  • Author

Thanks.I'll try to make more friends at work and also try to get out more.I really apprciate your advice.

Anyways,I'd like to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving,Tony.How was your Thanksgiving? Mine was ok.We watched ballgames here.

Happy Thanksgiving to anyone who reads this.

Patty

YOU ASK: "How was your Thanksgiving?"

ARG! I ate way too much food. Won't be able to eat another thing for days.

But there were no terrorist incidents at the Macy's Parade so that was a very good thing.

Thank you for asking...and I hope your's went well also!

• 1 month later...

It sounds like a lot of your energy is being spent on this friend who keeps disappointing you. I think a more positive thing to do might be to spend this energy on making new friends and to stop giving this person what she wants. It sounds like she knows that you'll always be there, so she has no reason to think that it would be unacceptable to cancel on you. Give her a reason...let her know that it hurts your feelings to be her back-up friend and that if she can't honor a commitment, she shouldn't call you anymore. I know that it seems like it's better to have a bad friends than no friends at all, but you might consider that you're the best friend you'll ever have and you're not treating yourself very well either.