How to I get liked by people ? (hang out question)

phillipreed678

phillipreed678

How do I get liked people ? Is humor in the equation, if so how can I be funny ? Yeah I know really abstract question......

nana yaw II
How do I get liked people ? Is humor in the equation, if so how can I be funny ? Yeah I know really abstract question......

well, to be tolerated by others (and by tolerated i mean being seen as a respectable and decent person) i think it just boils down to being nice, respectful and decent to others. and not going out of one's way to be rude or an ass. In this sense, people at least would have little reason to go out of their way to dislike you, or hold enmity towards you. of course, people can dislike others for any reason, but at the least this way a person is not disliked for a bad reason (if that makes sense).

But to be liked, IMO, requires social skills, which doesn't necessarily mean being funny. I think people who make an effort to get to know others, can relate well to others, and gets on well with other people, are often the most popular.

so i'd suggest getting to know people, and starting to mix with others, and also take an interest in others. say there is a person at work or class, for example, you think seems nice. ask him/her about their day, and ask open-ended questions (,i.e. questions that don't have just a yes or no answer) to them about what they say.

So if a person likes, say, soccer, then ask them who their favourite player is, or favourite team, favourite national league, who they think would win the UEFA Champions League, etc.

the key IMO is to make people like you, by showing that one is worth associating with. if you take interest in others, it shows to others that you think about others, and this too would make more friends, since people recognize you hold them in your thoughts. human action is reciprocal, so people respond to how we treat them.

• Author
phillipreed678
well, to be tolerated by others (and by tolerated i mean being seen as a respectable and decent person) i think it just boils down to being nice, respectful and decent to others. and not going out of one's way to be rude or an ass. In this sense, people at least would have little reason to go out of their way to dislike you, or hold enmity towards you. of course, people can dislike others for any reason, but at the least this way a person is not disliked for a bad reason (if that makes sense).

But to be liked, IMO, requires social skills, which doesn't necessarily mean being funny. I think people who make an effort to get to know others, can relate well to others, and gets on well with other people, are often the most popular.

so i'd suggest getting to know people, and starting to mix with others, and also take an interest in others. say there is a person at work or class, for example, you think seems nice. ask him/her about their day, and ask open-ended questions (,i.e. questions that don't have just a yes or no answer) to them about what they say.

So if a person likes, say, soccer, then ask them who their favourite player is, or favourite team, favourite national league, who they think would win the UEFA Champions League, etc.

the key IMO is to make people like you, by showing that one is worth associating with. if you take interest in others, it shows to others that you think about others, and this too would make more friends, since people recognize you hold them in your thoughts. human action is reciprocal, so people respond to how we treat them.

Hey......this is like the best advice someone has ever given me...thank you so much. I'm serious about when I type this.

hey

I can definitely relate to what your saying.

I have a group of friends right now who are mostly loud and quite funny, i try my best to join in but i'm not really a naturally funny person and find myself feeling that i'm not as well like as the others becasuse i'm not as loud.

However what i've realsied recently is that most of the people in my group of friends don't paricularly like each other either, their all nice to their faces but when their not there they have completely different opinions.

I can honestly say (not to sound like i've got a big ego) that IMO i don't feel that anyone dislikes me.

So my advice to you would be that just being yourself really is the best, i know that it's hard initially but once you get to know them a little better you find it easier to be at ease with people and that the louder and more outspoken and funny people don't have as many friends as they or you think they do.

First and foremost be who your are in your heart.:) Let others see what you enjoy and what really makes you tick in life. By sharing your interests and qualities others will begin to get to know you. Most important.. never be fake. Most can spot that right away and it's not a way to get others to like YOU.

Mea:)