NYE blowoff

adabada

A friend and I have had new year's eve plans for a couple of years. its somewhat of a standing commitment unless of course one of us is dating someone special. She called me last night to say she wanted to "bail out" on our plans because someone she had met on the internet had asked her out for NYE. This would be only their second date and she didn't even think he was interested because he hadn't contacted her for weeks after their first date. I'm thinking he just wanted a nYe date. Should I be mad or just get over it?

Yeah, I'd say you have the right to be mad because she gave you such short notice for a cancellation for New Year's (less than a week). It's going to be hard for you to be able to make alternate plans (perhaps), and it will be a royal bummer if you sit at home on NYE because you can't put together a Plan B.

I was about to start a similar thread myself

for the last few months, myself and 2 of my friends (all single, me first time in 5years) have planned to head off a few hours up country to a fab town, its great craic & we went before at Haloween&had a ball. Had planned to go tomorrow & stay till Fri. got a fab hotel, 5*, very reasonable.

I was dreading Christmas but this trip was keeping me going.

However, today one of the girls text me (jesus people seem to love lettin me down by text :sick:) "Im not going. I just dont feel like it" & the other has developed this "flu" (even though I know she was outdoors all day yday & today with her dogs & was out on a date tonight). I text her back "are you for real?" & then she text me back "ah Ill go now" so flu rang me asked me had I heard from the other one, then started sayin oh she always does this shes let me down loads times. I kinda understand tho, 3nights is a bit much (this I just dont get, we're on hols till Jan 8th, money isnt a prob. we were all lookin forward to gettin away & maybe meetin someone nice...who knows!!!)

so anyway about an hour later, the 'Im going/Im not going" decides shes def. not going. Now the other one thinks we'll have a crap time just the 2 of us (ya its not ideal, but shes askin me to ask 2 of my other friends, who when I said last week that Id mentioned it to them she wasnt happy at all said she hoped they didnt come - I also dont think its fair to treat my other friends like '2nd choice')

shes asking me 'whatll we do?' . Im trying to be adult about this everyone is entitled to change their minds but Im so so hurt, upset and disappointed. Its also my credit card its all booked under. I really needed this trip, Ive had a rotten year & I wanted to start 2009 on a high note. . For me that meant gettin out of this town (ex - bleurgh & memories) .. I dont know if this makes sense.... I feel like tellin them all to go f themselves.

adabada I totally understand where youre coming from :sick: