The friend thats passed her boundry?

Ok so I have an issue of the hopeful associate - lets call her Suzy. I also have a girlfriend, lets call her Kat.

Suzy is into me, I've just found out that she has feelings for me. The poor girl is very attractive, but, shes just not my type. I have no interest in dating her. I think she would be a very good catch for someone.

Now, the problem is that my gf always suspected that Suzy had feelins for me, and now that shes confirmed it- shes even more uncomfortable around her. Suzy has made herself a staple around my house - (i live with 6 other guys). My roomates love her, and they are the ones that invite her around. I don't even talk to her. Never the less, I'm trying to figure out how to deal with this girl.

Just be polite? do I sit her down and tell her thx, but no thx? Do i continue to ignore her? I don't always ignore her, I usually give her a hug when she comes over, but then no more contact or communication after that...its just how I am. Handshakes for the fellas, hugs for the ladies. My Gf said she knows thats how I am, but that shes worried what it means to Suzy when I hug her...what do i do? Stop?

My GF does not like her, and I could care less about her. I don't wanna be rude, and Suzy is fun to party with...but thats it.

I think you agree with your GF that you have a quiet word with Suzy and just say your piece.

"I dunno if this is true, but I hear on the grapevine that you are into me. I just want to be absolutely completely clear with you, I am totally with Kat, and have absolutely no opening whatsoever to get down with someone else. No way, it's not going to happen. I love Kat, she's who I'm with and nobody else is ever gonna get a look-in.

I just wanted you to know that.

Period.

OK?"

And walk away before she can say anything.

If that doesn't get the message through, nothing will. ;)

• Author

Ok that makes sense - although a few modifications would be needed.

Just to be honest, I don't love my girl, and she knows that, in face we may be breaking up soon, or something to that line- I care about her, but its changing more towards "brotherly care" than romantic care. I'm not sure whats gonna happen. But ya no chance in hell that i'd date the other girl. Just not interested.

Thanks for your input!