Know-it-alls & Cocky Friends

moredeborah

My closest friend is a miss know it all.. and it gets absolutely annoying. she has been there dont that type of thing.. but ive know her for most of her adult life, and I never seen her initiate these things. She likes to challenge eveything i say and always wants to debate. Im not a debateable person.. I just like to state my facts and move on. If I say its 5:00 then she say its actually 4:59.. i be like w..t..f.. a minute!!!!!!!!!!!

I usually just ignore her, or choose not to hang out with her as much.

I usually ignore the know-it-alls in my life.

I find, if you sit there and listen to them, it motivates them to continue their behaviour.

If they say something bogus, I call them out on it. If they are talking to me about something I am unfamiliar with, I tell them I wouldn't know either way and change the subject.

Don't feed their inner beast...it'll just get worse.

My closest friend is a miss know it all.. and it gets absolutely annoying.

But you secretly keep her around because she is oh-so useful. They may be annoying, but making bestest friends with know-it-alls is the easiest way to get ahead in life.

But you secretly keep her around because she is oh-so useful. They may be annoying, but making bestest friends with know-it-alls is the easiest way to get ahead in life.

Im not secretly keeping her around. She is a really good friend of mine.. and aside from her always challenging me I reaaly do love her. Yes, her conversation can be a little annoying at times, but the other times we hang out and have a great time.

Know-it-alls flock to me for some reason. Sometimes I contradict them just to annoy them. Other times I just show up twenty minutes late for everything we plan together until they don't call me quite so often. But my primary method is to nod and smile while planning my shopping list.

God that is sooo true. They don't flock to me, I flock to them! :o

One of my closest friends is a know it all and she keeps me from missing deadlines all the time. :o

Like:

Friday is country-western wear day at school

Don't forget to sign the field-trip permission slip

The big sale at Nordstrom starts this week

Edited by Storyrider
How do you deal with them?

First of all, they are not know-it-alls. They just think that they are. That is a good question on how I was able to deal with them. At first it was no big deal, but when it became constant is when it started getting to me. Throughout the years we slowly drifted apart and now I talk to them maybe once every couple of months.

I stuff a sock in their mouth.... :p

:laugh: I find this works well!!

Otherwise learn to ignore them, or cut them out!! ;)

:laugh: I find this works well!!

Otherwise learn to ignore them, or cut them out!! ;)

Sometimes you might want to *strangle* them with kindness to get them to shut up.

Or hope a Semi Truck takes them out on the highway , :)

Ha ! ive found myself doing a lot of "hmmm" and oh ok .. when my friend speaks...:D

I have found myself wanting to say STFUp! ( if you know what I mean , lol )

I have found myself wanting to say STFUp! ( if you know what I mean , lol )

Do you sat STFU? :love:

:bunny:

Yes I did say STFU :)

Next time my friend asks me what time it is, and I say its 9:45 and she says actually its 9:46 should I tell her to STFU? :lmao:

:love:

Next time my friend asks me what time it is, and I say its 9:45 and she says actually its 9:46 should I tell her to STFU? :lmao:

Tell her you love her and buy her a watch :)