Flaky friends?

Star Gazer

I have (had?) plans to go skiing with two friends (a BF-GF couple) and a couple more of their friends (who I know as acquaintances) tomorrow morning (Sunday).

This morning my guy friend text messages me that everyone's staying over at his place tonight - a slumber party, if you will - and then piling in the cars/trucks together up the mountain tomorrow morning. I tell him that I don't think I can do the slumber party part (I'm busy with work and not feeling too well) but will meet them in the morning, and ask when they're leaving. He doesn't know when they'll leave. I also ask which mountain/resort we're going to, so I can make a reservation for another private lesson. He still doesn't know.

Just now I see on my girl friend's page a headline that says she's going to Tahoe TONIGHT.

I called her, and him, and left messages. No word.

When is it safe to assume that I'm either no longer invited or they've gone up without me?

I would be sure you are still invited. I mean, why would you now be uninvited?

Can you call them on a cell phone? I would do that!

The situation depends, are you good friends or just met recently? Are you sure they would recognize your number when you called them? When the friends bf spoke to you and said he didnt know the details, did he tell you to call back or that he would call you when he knew or what?

My guess from what you've typed so far, is that in the middle of their slumber party, someone came up with the idea they should leave immediately instead of waiting until morning, and everyone went along with it and left. In the car on the road with your friends, it can get quite fun and loud, and I can see how calling someone could slip your mind accidently, or how a ringing cell phone could be missed. That said, it does seem odd as usually a trip like this requires reservations for accomidations, and you usually cant just show up early in the middle of the night expecting a room to be ready.

Call once again and leave it at that. If you dont hear from them they either accidently forgot you in the excitment, or unfortunetely for some reason dont want you there.

That just sounds shady to me . I would just not go as disapointing as it is . you tried to get in touch with them and such and it just sounds like your getting the run around. just be glad that technology is the way it is now or you might have shown up somewhere and they would have been gone . so just chill out . sorry I know it hurts when you feel left out but you could still go there a different way right? foloow your gut feeling, if you dont think it seems right i would just make other plans and not go there. I wouldnt even mention it till they did when they get back. If they start giving you explanations when you didnt ask for one then you know it was shady.