Timeframe for moving online friendship offline

Magnatolia

Hey ladies,

Got a question for you. What's a reasonable number of emails to a girl before suggesting a catchup offline (just as friends at this stage, maybe coffee or lunch).

One particular girl wrote in her second message to me thanking me again for my first email and said she hope to get to know me better...sounds promising. Off the top of my head it's been 4-5 emails each so is that enough to suggest doing coffee one weekend?

On another note, is it a bad sign if the girl ignores the question, or does the fact she didn't actually say no mean that she's not comfortable with the idea at this stage?

bigheartkindsoul

asap, after a few emails going back and forth then its time to meet in person. Ask again if avoided again I would probably guess person doesn't feel comfy with meeting up plus maybe a little shy so might need coaxing a little.

curiousnycgirl

I agree I've been through the online dating thing, and found that a long drawn out online exchange was not at all productive. One has a tendency to build someone up in their head, based online communication. Better to meet face to face sooner rather than later - so see/meet the real deal.

Yeah I would go ahead and ask her. I agree about the long and drawn out online-only relationship thing----you can be more disappointed once you actually do meet.

You could also try asking her for her phone number. If she says no to that, it's unlikely she will be willing to meet with you in person.

If she gives you the number, call her to chat a little, and then if you sense a good vibe, suggest meeting for coffee or lunch. :)

-E