friendships lost, friendships regained

newyorkeratheart

newyorkeratheart

Last year, my sister left my family, because of her boyfriend. She was my best friend. So this whole year, I just didn't deal with it. But of course the effects of not dealing with it were far worse then just dealing with it. My two best friends were all talking about going to the same college and they're really, really similar. I just started to feel left out. I just started to prepare myself for the end of this summer when we all went to college, because I had to start getting ready to lose my other best friends. This just started this awful cycle of drama and stupid fights. In the beginning of May, they uninvited me to hang out with them on cinco de mayo, so they could hang out with guys. I just stopped talking to them. With my one friend, let's call her Sara, we've had it out a couple of time, but she's given up on me. See the thing is, I haven't been myself this year. Normally, I hate drama. I've just been so misrible and I acted happy for a while, but I cracked. I've been crying a lot since spring break, basically 3 months, when we first "broke our friendship off." I keep coming to the conclusion that I don't care anymore, but the issue just comes back into my mind no matter what I do. Sara and I haven't spoken in 2 months. She was my original friend. We've been friends since freshman year. The other one I introduced to sara. Sara and I literally sat next to each other at lunch almost every day and didn't talk.

Have any of you ever had friends me? What would make you forgive this person? I only have two months before I leave for school, and I don't want to leave with us hating each other. Any advice is welcome. I really just need some closure or peace, something.

You're going to be in college soon, with a whole new set of people to become friends with and this stuff really won't matter.

But if you want to make peace with these girls, approach them one at a time, when they are alone. Tell them you feel bad that so much seems to have come between you after years of friendship, and that you'd like to leave for college on a good note. Tell them you're sorry you haven't been yourself and wish them well in the future.

And then let them do what they will - they might break down and apologize. Or they might not. Either way, you've done what you can and can take peace from that.