I hate my roommate. I hate her. I'm dying here.

zilverenvlinder

zilverenvlinder

I know this is long. I REALLY need to get this off my chest. I hope someone can sympathize/empathize.

So, I live in a big house with my girl friend, Ellie, from high school and her boyfriend Josh. I'll be the first to admit that I owe her boyfriend a significant amount of money. However, that doesn't mean I should be treated like dirt/a slave.

I got fired four weeks ago and JUST got a job last week. I am definitely behind on some bills. Josh's boyfriend pays for Ellie's rent, and all of her third of the utilities... I am broke as dirt. She has a job but doesn't have to pay for anything, yet she still -

1) Bums all of my cigarettes. I need a pack a day. She smokes half of them. Sometimes I will stay completely away from the house just so she won't smoke my cigarettes. If I tell her I don't have very many left, she gets pissed and yells at me. Sometimes she will just steal them from my purse.

2) She doesn't have a car, and I do. She constantly needs rides to work. She sucks up my gasoline and gives me quarters to "make up for it". Sometimes she'll give me two whopping dollars.

3) My mom buys me groceries sometimes, and she eats them ALL THE TIME. If I eat anything of hers, I get yelled at because she's "sooo poor". The other day, the ONLY THING I HAD LEFT in the fridge was a frozen pizza. She ATE it.

And it's not only the stealing things/"borrowing" things/bumming crap from me. She's so inconsiderate.

4) If I'm watching TV, and I was watching it first, she'll say stuff like, "I am NOT watching this" and just go right ahead and change the station!

5) The other day, we had a small party. My poor boyfriend wouldn't even come over because he hates her so much... but she took the liberty of inviting my boyfriend's ex-girlfriend, whom I obviously can't stand! She invited all of her skank crackwhore friends... and when I tried to invite ONE person, the ONLY friend I have left... she SNAPPED at me because they weren't getting "along"! And she's allowed to invite people I hate!

6) I was really sick for a whole week. The day I was the most ill, she invited seven or eight people over to drink beer. They were really loud and all I wanted to do was watch TV and drink tea and stuff. BUT... when my boyfriend wanted to come over at 2 a.m. because he missed me, she screamed at him and kicked him out because she had to wake up early the next day!

7) She has about a million nasty crackwhore friends that always come over and just "let" themselves in because she said its ok. However, if I ever invite anyone over, it seems like she has to sign a permission slip!

8) If I want to get away from her, and go and spend the night at my boyfriend's house, she will call me a thousand times to see where I am and what I'm doing, and why I'm not at the bar with her or a party with her.

9) We don't have a lock on our bathroom door, and whenever I'm taking a shower she will just BARGE right in to pee! I don't mind if she has to pee while I'm takin a shower, but KNOCK for Jesus sake! The only time I ever did that to her she almost had a heart attack! I have NO privacy!

10) Whenever I'm on the phone, she is ALWAYS asking me who I'm talking to. One time, when I was fighting with my mom, my mom for god's sake, Ellie yelled really loudly, "TELL YOUR MOM TO F&%* OFF!" I know my mom was yelling at me, but be respectful for God's sake!

11) Ellie's boyfriend is one of the kindest, most considerate people I know... I wonder every day why he is with that loudmouth stupid b*$%. I owe him money but I don't think she should treat me like crap. She cheats on him all the time and I can't tell him because she has dirt on me.

12) She uses my very expensive lap top as a coaster for her coffee mugs.

13) She has three cats. There used to be two but she got another one without asking me. Now there is cat hair ALL OVER MY STUFF.

I seriously want to die. I like this house but I wish she would move out. Is there any way I can get her to move out? Drastic measures, people.

I really want to live with my boyfriend but I don't know how to bring it up. Besides, he already mentioned he's going to move in with his guy friend. ;- (

Please help.

She sounds like a nightmare.

Why you stay there is a mystery to me.

Are you a masochist? This is a no brainer. Leave.

• 2 weeks later...

...the fact the you called her a loudmouth stupid B**** tells you everything, you need to get out of there, like, soon.

Ok, so it's not that easy, i'm skint myself so i know it's not just a question 'where am i supposed to live?' it's more of a 'how am i supposed to live????'

This is how i see it...

She sounds like a complete nightmare, agreed, and maybe she wouldn't listen anyway, but you could try talking to her about some of the giant list of things that are bothering you, and tell her that you're seriously thinking of moving out (even if you're not), it might knock some sense into her?

You could actually move out, would it be so much more expensive living on your own? Or maybe you could just advertise for a house share, they can't be much worse, and they might not steal your cigarettes (which BTW MAJOR money drainer, not to mention your health - but you probably already know that.) Plus, one crackwhore friend is pretty much the same as the next.

Basically you're going to have to put your foot down somewhere along the line, for your own sanity - or she's just going to keep walking all over you. It's no kind of life being a doormat.

oh_what_am_I_doing

Well my fiance was in a similar situation a few months ago... he was still living with his ex-girlfriend, (they were friends until I came into the picture), and then she became a total jealous, psycho bi*ch. He moved out and in with me, and even though he's still paying the rent there, he doesn't have to pay utilities (except water). So it can be done! Move out if you're miserable! Maybe there's someplace you can stay for free in the meantime if you still have to pay them rent so that you don't end up paying rent to two places.

Your 'friend' can't see anything past her own nose. It's her show and all everyone else is just a player in it. I agree with the other posters, see if you can get out and then maybe pay off her boyfriend. You could try to reason with her, but I would suggest you re-read your thread, she can do what she wants but NOBODY can do something that would inconvenience her. Bet you money she would peak if her nice as sin BF even looked the wrong way at another woman. Do you think you can reason with someone like this? Time to go, as for bringing it up, with whom? With your bf, just come out and tell him, there is no time or reason to beat around the bush. As for your friend, you aren't asking, your TELLING, she isn't the boss of you, you live your own life, yeah?

Good Luck :)