just broke No Contact :(

im trying to get over my best friend, and i havent told him that im doing NC with him - im making excuses why i cant come on msn (thats how we keep in contact, we live in different cities)

last night, when i had blocked him, one of my friends said he was online - but he wasnt on my msn. why had *he* blocked *me*?

i had to talk to him to find out, coz i was freaking.

so now ive talked to him, after nearly 2 weeks of NC, and he sed he hadnt blocked me, he doesnt know why i cudnt see he was online (but he sed that he cudnt see me either so maybe our msn's were just playing up, but i had blocked him so obv he wudnt be able to see i was online.)

i cant believe i broke no contact....im so disappointed in myself.

i got really upset when speaking to him last night, and when i got annoyed at him he sent me this movie he'd made with pictures of us, during the week when i 'hadnt been online'.

i feel like such an idiot. i have no idea what im gonna do :(

wait...why arent u talking to him??? im a bit confused. He seems to care about you, so..why dont you try to talk whatever it is thats going on out? Remember good friendships are reeeaaaally hard to come by. Dont lose one just because.

wait...why arent u talking to him??? im a bit confused. He seems to care about you, so..why dont you try to talk whatever it is thats going on out? Remember good friendships are reeeaaaally hard to come by. Dont lose one just because.

lol i thought no-one was ever going to reply :(

im not talking to him, because ive fallen so in love with him that ive become a very paranoid and insecure person, because he doesnt love me back. It also causes a lot of problems between us because i get annoyed and upset at him easily. I've told him that i like him, and we have talked about it a lot, but i think i need this distance from him to be able to get over my feelings for him, so in a way, im trying to save our friendship.

Im back on NC now, since Thursday, its not late Sunday night. Wow this is hard. But I know i need it.

wow that sucks.....

Honestly though if you cut him off without telling him why he's gonna get pissed off and THEN you're really really gonna lose him. If i were you, id tell him very nicely that although you really like him as a friend, you also like as more than that and you know he doesnt feel that way so you need time and space to get over it. That way he knows why your not talking to him instead of making stories in his mind which is more likely what he's doing now.

Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

No offense but this approach is the most ridiculous thing I've heard. You're not even in high school yet are you? I hope not cos simply ignoring someone because you like them is childish.

Think on how you felt when you thought he had blocked you. Imagine how he'll feel if/when he finds out you blocked him and lied to him about why you're supposedly not online.

If he doesn't share your feelings, then he's gonna be really upset/angry when he finds out that you're blocking him and this stupid no comment rule. And then there's a good chance that the friendship will be worse off.

Try this. He knows how you feel so tell him that you need a break because of the way you feel.