Jealous friend

glitzy55

What's the saying..sour grapes hang high...well this describes a friend of mine. She'll always find something negative whenever she can to bring someone down. I've never heard her ever say another girl is pretty or pretty much say anything that I find to be genuine. I'm not gonna toot my own horn but lol I do have many things going for me. I called her to tell her about my new job I got. She knows I hate my current position and this job is with a big time company and is huge for me. Well within 2 min of me telling her about it I got a..oh wow congrats..but like many of my phoney co workers I can tell that it was soo insencere. Me, if I have someone close to me be happy bc something great happens in thiir life..I am GENUINELY happy for them..but hey that's me. So then she tries pretending like she's never herd of the company when this company is global. I didn't even finish describing it when she abruptly starts talking once again about her imaginary bf from 4 years ago lol. The convo gets turned onto her and her dilusional thoughts about this guy. Every convo is revolved around him...and the best is I've never met him. This is a guy who she dated supposdly during the time me and her had stopped talking..and now for the past 2 years shes been telling me that this was her long term bf lol. So I try changing the subject and I asked her "hey how has ure job search been going" and of course she snapped back that she was offered 5 positions in a months period but turned them all down lol. Honestly the immaturity and jealousy..I really don't have time for it. What gives?

BlueEyedSarah
What's the saying..sour grapes hang high...well this describes a friend of mine. She'll always find something negative whenever she can to bring someone down. I've never heard her ever say another girl is pretty or pretty much say anything that I find to be genuine. I'm not gonna toot my own horn but lol I do have many things going for me. I called her to tell her about my new job I got. She knows I hate my current position and this job is with a big time company and is huge for me. Well within 2 min of me telling her about it I got a..oh wow congrats..but like many of my phoney co workers I can tell that it was soo insencere. Me, if I have someone close to me be happy bc something great happens in thiir life..I am GENUINELY happy for them..but hey that's me. So then she tries pretending like she's never herd of the company when this company is global. I didn't even finish describing it when she abruptly starts talking once again about her imaginary bf from 4 years ago lol. The convo gets turned onto her and her dilusional thoughts about this guy. Every convo is revolved around him...and the best is I've never met him. This is a guy who she dated supposdly during the time me and her had stopped talking..and now for the past 2 years shes been telling me that this was her long term bf lol. So I try changing the subject and I asked her "hey how has ure job search been going" and of course she snapped back that she was offered 5 positions in a months period but turned them all down lol. Honestly the immaturity and jealousy..I really don't have time for it. What gives?

To me it sounds like the girl is selfish. All she wants to talk about is me me me. Looks as though she strikes up her ex boyfriend to possibly get attention from you or maybe even to make you feel sorry for her and maybe that may draw you closer together?

Does she like you more than just a friend?