keeping a bad friend or not?

wisdomchild3of1

wisdomchild3of1

My best friend is a "Super Scrub". He has money from "donations" from other girls, but he would rather spend your money, or drink up your alcohol or smoke all of your cigarettes, instead of his own. He doesn't work, currently. (He's had 6 jobs in one year) he keeps losing jobs because he stays out all night with his other drinking buddies. We are only friends, but he lives with a woman who is also the mother of children, but he has 2 other committed girlfriends (they don't know about each other). His baby's mother pays for his gas, his food, clothers, and pays for his haircuts, so he can date other women (she doesn't know about the others). I tried to talk him into a change until I'm blue in the face. We started as friends trying to write a movie together, but lately the disgusting way he treats women, is really turning my stomach. I believe I remain friends with him, because there is no one else. Any advice?

My best friend is a "Super Scrub". He has money from "donations" from other girls, but he would rather spend your money, or drink up your alcohol or smoke all of your cigarettes, instead of his own. He doesn't work, currently. (He's had 6 jobs in one year) he keeps losing jobs because he stays out all night with his other drinking buddies.

We are only friends, but he lives with a woman who is also the mother of children, but he has 2 other committed girlfriends (they don't know about each other). His baby's mother pays for his gas, his food, clothers, and pays for his haircuts, so he can date other women (she doesn't know about the others).

I tried to talk him into a change until I'm blue in the face. We started as friends trying to write a movie together, but lately the disgusting way he treats women, is really turning my stomach. I believe I remain friends with him, because there is no one else. Any advice?

I THINK I MIGHT HAVE KNOWN THE MOTHER U ARE SPEAKING OF. i am glad u brought this 'moment' up because it is a great example of how two people can be so apart and yet linked somehow and that one of the main 'reasons' for the 'troubles' between the mother and a previous bf was this was a destined path...her bf did his role is showing the mother that even when u love someone [but not in love] and admire that person,

you will someday see what each person actually gives u - either the strength to conquer your demons on your own or an anchor to weigh your heart down. i may be totally wrong and whacked about this but let me explain.

months had gone by and this mother was still doing NC and one day I got mad and left her a message saying you treat your crazy abuser better than me! how is that possible....then somehow, like magic she somehow, found the strength to tell me, without coming out of hidding that, where she actually was, was with this man! and, she said, yah, makes no sense, but then she said the thing that tied it all together

"she still loved him"

it was like a bullet. and i thought omg she is going to battle it. and i believed she could do it. seee, what happened as far as i know was that she fell in love with an abuser and when an abuser uses your love as a weapom, your heart is trapped, you can't love another because you have been taught your love meaning nothing, and so you give the abuser more love, because you think it is your fault and the more u give the hard they punish...that is why the mother punished me, but not on purpose, it was 'i don't deserve your love so i will punish you for thinking i had something to give u when i do not' -

and i knew she didn't know why yet...i knew in order for her to have freedom she would have to go to the man that trapped her love, and it is a real love and she has to take it back, not give it back, take back the power - and a chill ran down my spine...and i thoiught how many [people in their lifetime are going to witness or play a part in such a courageou9s struggle...sigh...and i flashed back to the first time i told mother...u have this wonderful gift that can change people for the better, and she lowered her head and said...no io don't...don't say that to me.;..and my hands cupped her face, and i kissed her lips