Guys' friendships question

Raleuse

Do guys get as attached to their male-friends as we girls do to our girl-friends? Do they get as hurt when they fall out as we do?

The reason I'm asking is that I've got this guy-friend who is working all of his free time with a guy whom he saw as his mentor/coach/best friend/confident. The "coach" (as I'll be calling him) is in the line of business my friend has always wanted to be in and he's been going to work with him since he was 15 (20 now).

Problem is, they have fallen out a lot lately (I think the coach doesn't like that my friend is no longer the little boy who does as he says) and I'm very surprised to see how hurt my friend is. It's just as if he's had a broken heart. Can a guy get that attached to another guy?

A best friend to a guy is like a brother. I have friends that I would lay my life on the line for and that is because they were friends to me when I had nothing else in my life. After a while they become like family and even men may not be as touchy feely as woman the bonds run very deep. One of the few times in my life that I ever cried in front of others was when my best friend was murdered. When we are betrayed by a friend that bond is broken and can never be repaired. It hurts like hell to have somebody you thought you could trust stab you in the back.

• Author

Wow, thanks Woggle. So he IS as hurt as he looks. I wish I could help him - try and make the coach see what he's doing to him. They keep fighting and my friend often ends up in tears and saying he feels like dying and I'm usually there to pick up the pieces but was wondering if it was "normal" for a guy to be that hurt.

are you maybe asking if he's gay just cause he seemed so attached to the other dude? I dunno....... I know I would definitely be hurt big time if I were in his position, but crying....... Well, that's a little odd. Why don't you ask him straight up?

Crying's not odd! It's just too bad that men have been prevented from crying from childhood. Did you know that crying actually purges stress hormones? (They're found in tears!).

He's not gay, just a normal human being with a heart. Cripes.