Post-Gradute/Pre-Married

I'm a 30 year old woman, and I've lived in Los Angeles for about five years. I am smart, kind, and I have a good sense of humor. And I have hardly any friends.

It's bizarre. I feel like I'm in that odd stage. My education is complete, and I am nowhere near getting married. All of my brothers are married with kids, and they say most of their friends are the parents of their childrens' friends.

It's just so hard to make connections at this time of life. It's hard to go out to meet people when you have no one to go out with.

Does anyone else feel like this: I'm a pretty cool person...I should have more friends! ?

Well, when you were in school did you not make any friends? Are you shy? I would suggest that you get yourself involved in community activities. Do what you enjoy weather it's a book club, softball team, chess team, volunteering, etc... Get yourself out there and you'll find yourself making more friends.

I have hardly any friends.

I'm pretty much in the same boat. But I think I am kind of antisocial. Finding people that I really like spending time with seems painfully difficult. And unless I am totally engaged I don't feel like making an effort.

My education is complete,

Watch out for that one - education is really a lifelong journey. Think like this and you might find yourself withering away.

I'm a 30 year old woman, and I've lived in Los Angeles for about five years. I am smart, kind, and I have a good sense of humor. And I have hardly any friends.

It's bizarre. I feel like I'm in that odd stage. My education is complete, and I am nowhere near getting married. All of my brothers are married with kids, and they say most of their friends are the parents of their childrens' friends.

It's just so hard to make connections at this time of life. It's hard to go out to meet people when you have no one to go out with.

Does anyone else feel like this: I'm a pretty cool person...I should have more friends! ?

Yes yes yes I'm so there! Actually, I was just talking about this yesterday with my childhood best friend - we're both in the same boat as you (ah that rhymes!)

I'm 30, single, living in a new city for the last two years, I only seem to meet people who are here for only a few months or people who are so busy with their on lives they hardly have time for me...

So no advice, just empathy!