"Materials"

Vanquish

What do you guys think? Is it easier for that joe that has the speed boat and the party house to make friends compared to that guy that lives in a 1 room apartment that drives an 84 honda based on what they have alone? Sure personality plays a huge role in initial contact and longer but doesn't it make things easier to have the enviroment that entertains and makes aquaintances occupied? I personally am the one room apartment 84 honda kinda guy and i think it shows in my friendships, i have maybe 2 close friends and a boat load of aquaintances i am too ashamed to show the real side of me to. So lets hear it, does what you have influence the happyiness and the kinds of friendships you develop? Or is it all jargan.

What do you guys think? Is it easier for that joe that has the speed boat and the party house to make friends compared to that guy that lives in a 1 room apartment that drives an 84 honda based on what they have alone? Sure personality plays a huge role in initial contact and longer but doesn't it make things easier to have the enviroment that entertains and makes aquaintances occupied? I personally am the one room apartment 84 honda kinda guy and i think it shows in my friendships, i have maybe 2 close friends and a boat load of aquaintances i am too ashamed to show the real side of me to. So lets hear it, does what you have influence the happyiness and the kinds of friendships you develop? Or is it all jargan.

What is it about you that you are ashamed of?

You can have all the material possessions in the world, but they won't mean crap without a good personality to go with it. Sure they will get you some ooh and ahhs for what you have but its the person that people are going to like and not his possessions. I know this one cat who just has to have the best of everything. He is constantly in debt because of this and he has had his share of compliments for his stuff, but I tell you, he couldn't tell the truth if his life depended on it. He lies so much about himself, trying to make himself look better then what he really is, Just an awful personality. It took some time, but people saw through his crap and he has since moved across the state trying to start over.

What is it about you that you are ashamed of?

You can have all the material possessions in the world, but they won't mean crap without a good personality to go with it. Sure they will get you some ooh and ahhs for what you have but its the person that people are going to like and not his possessions. I know this one cat who just has to have the best of everything. He is constantly in debt because of this and he has had his share of compliments for his stuff, but I tell you, he couldn't tell the truth if his life depended on it. He lies so much about himself, trying to make himself look better then what he really is, Just an awful personality. It took some time, but people saw through his crap and he has since moved across the state trying to start over.

The man who stands looking out of his massive bay windows at the beautiful ocean with gold leaf mirrors has virtually nothing without someone there to share it with.

It matters not that you have a one room apartment but that you live your life fully and the best you can.

If you had the mansion and 50 rooms and nobody was in any of them and you shouted to the empty walls you would soon figure out that money does NOT buy happiness. It can NEVER replace the love you feel for yourself and others.

My Quote :)

Cheshire Cat
Is it easier for that joe that has the speed boat and the party house to make friends compared to that guy that lives in a 1 room apartment that drives an 84 honda based on what they have alone?

No.

The speed boat and party house guy's real friends are needles in a haystack.

Now, owning a haystack is not that bad - you get to roll in ze hay with the girls more easily, but it is a lot more difficult to tell real friends apart from guys who hang out with you just because you have a boat and you throw a lot of parties.

i have maybe 2 close friends and a boat load of aquaintances i am too ashamed to show the real side of me to

2 close friends is a good number. I don't think the kind of rich guy you mentioned has many more close friends than you do - but quite a lot of acquanintances of him are probably pretending to regard him as a friend.

So lets hear it, does what you have influence the happyiness and the kinds of friendships you develop? Or is it all jargan.

Personally speaking, no. Like you, I'm a one-bedroom apt 84 Honda gal. I do this out of choice because I'm very frugal. :) I am happy and have good friendships.

If people won't be your friend because of your material possessions, then they're superficial. Why would you want friends like that??

Truthfully, I think the bottom line is how you feel about yourself. If you're happy with yourself, you will naturally attract more friends.