I am in a bad situation

I never mess around at work but I fell in love with a coworker after some few months of flirting and touching. Never a kiss or anything more. She has a fiance' and after things came to a head I was never enough for her to leave him. See says she is sorry and should have told me in the begining nothing would happen.

So now I sit with a bit of love and hate. She is no longer geting attention from me and just as I thought only few days later she is now laughing and giggling with someone else. I feel used, hurt and not sure what to do. I want today to be tomorrow and turned into the quiet don't bother me mode.

I spent so much time talking to her and trying to help with her relationship problems at home. Now all for nothing. I end up being all messed up emotionally. I know she would be so happy with me. Now its like my heart still loves her and the rest of me wants something to drastically to change because I don't know how to get back to normal.

A little help please.

You say you know she'd be happy with you. But do you really think you'd be happy with HER?

Think about it. She is engaged to be married - a lifetime commitment to love, honor, and cherish her fiancee. And before she's even married, she's flirting with and touching you. She's already lying to her fiancee since I'm sure she's not telling him that she's been flirting with and touching you. And she's not being loving, nor is she honoring him, nor cherishing what they have since she's capable of this behavior with you.

Not only that, now she's moved on to flirting and touching another guy.

Do you really think you'd be happy with a woman like that? Because if she were your fiancee or wife, she'd be behaving in the exact same way with some other guy, and you'd be the one she's lying to.

Be grateful that you aren't her fiancee and that she doesn't love you is all I can say.

Time is the only thing that will save you now. Later get back into your hobbies and much later become friends with her to ease off tension between you two in workplace. Then find yourself a new girl. I went thru the same thing and now I'm at the point where I can be friends with the girl again and I have a new girl that I'm interested in. But in the beginning it was horrible, I couldn't eat, couldn't watch tv, do my hobbies, nothing. Felt like someone kicked me in the stomach.

theres someone else out there for you. Dont get sad over a girl that would tell you her problems. She just needed someone to listen to her and you were that person. You will find the one.

• Author

You all are right. Thanks for you comments. I know now I would not be able to trust her. I realized this today after talking to other friends. It will be very hard to overcome. I actually thought after I talked with her things would change. Wrong. I was in love with a fictional character. I never thought I would be fooled into this. Oh well. Guess I chalk it up to experience.