boss a little too close

Today I was standing by the fax machine and my boss comes up to me and stands kind of behind/next me, doesn't bother me until his chest is touching my arm. I needed to bend down and retreive a copy off the fax machine and he moved just a little but my arm was touching his jacket and his shirt. He was telling me that the report I was working on was fine and that there was no problem. We get along great felt very comfortable with him until today, now I am wondering if he has other things in mind. Which I believe he does, cause most guys don't invade your personal space unless they are wanting something from you. Any advice??

Leave the situation alone , if he continues to do it ask him to back up. He may just be unaware that he's too close , some people are.

I think he gets a thrill of sorta feeling himself against you. Of course I could be wrong but the previous poster had good advice " Excuse me sir ( boss ) but back up "

superconductor

Is he European? They often have a tendency to come closer than most North Americans find comfortable.

Either that, or he's just a lech. (My bet is that he's a lech, but hey, ya never know...)

If/when he does it again, turn around quickly with elbows flying as if you've forgotten something important you just have to get back to. Then apologize profusely, saying that you didn't know he was so close.

Once he regains consciousness, he'll get the message.