Having a Fit at work

prfrogkisser

Good afternoon to all:

Its been a long time since I have posted a thread but if i dont write this now I will kick someones ass.

Ive been working for a company for almost two years and this is my situation. Last October 05 one of the the managers left and the CEO's Assistant was on Maternity leave. The CEO asked me if I could fill in until she got back and i said yes.I worked at his office in the morning and my office in the afternoon. I was totally crazy since i was doing my job, the managers and the CEO's assistant. I did this until the Assistant came back from maternity leave at the end of January 06.Then they hired a new Manager in February 06.

The property was short staffed and because i did my work and filled in for the other positions i got a awesome raise (6,000). I was only working for them for 10 months and i was amazed of how i was rewarded for my hard work.

The new hired manager just left in June. So im int his situation again.Im thinking I will fill in for her until they hire another person. But the situation got worse. The second Manager has been remodling her house and she is rarely at work. She shows up for an hour and goes home or works for a few hours late at night. Im totally pissed by this. She is getting paid and I am stuck from 8 to 5 doing her work also. I believe this is very unfair. I know im a reliable person but gezz do not take advantage of me. I dont appreciate this situation at all. This managers boss has been calling me and asking me to do things that should be done by her. He has asked me where she is at and i told him i didnt know. This is getting to me since things come up and i have tried to call her and she doesnt take care of them. I dont know what to do. I will have my review in November and im going to make sure this situation is noted.

I will like everyones opinion on this and if they had a similar situation how did they work it out.

Thanks for everyones help:mad:

jeez i am sorry, did your work situation improve any yet.

i am not the one to talk here but no one else replied yet...

my last work experience sucked in that my supervisor was really manipulitive and had me fooled as i am not easily fooled. for a year and a half.

anyways i KNOW kNOW KNOW that the co. made profit off me, and my efficiency and quality, and anyways, 3 people were just gone from our dept due to maternity leave and i ran all these areas, well a couple weeks after they got back to work, excluding the mother of the new baby,i was fired over greivence policies where i KNOW KNOW KNOW that when her boss gets back is going to be pissed,

well you see this women brought personal **** to work all the time and got me wrapped up in it and essentially needed an excuse to fire me for personal reasons like her jealousy..

so my point is

i dont know what for you to do,

but i do know dont work too hard, i prob took a couple years off my life with the b.s. i put up with there, i should have taken it easy more often like everyone else.

so just be careful cuz no matter how valuable you are, if someone get s jealous, or intimidated they will do anything out of fear of losing there jobs,

so i would just say, dont work too too hard, and watch your back,and be careful.

good luck

• Author
prfrogkisser

Thanks so much for the reply. I have to agree that i think i should take it easy. I do my work dont get me wrong but if she can get away with it well i will take my time with the things that are not my responsability. Im even fowarding calls to her cell if they ask to speak with her. She hasnt said anything yet but hopefully everything will be back to normal soon:D

email hokey, who has some damn good ideas about how to document all the crap you're having to put up with at work. Though you might not be able to do anything this very minute, you'd be collecting some good ammo to fire at them when the proper moment arrives. Especially since you're being made responsible for work you are not hired (or paid) to do ...

HokeyReligions

It will come back to you in a good way. Document everything - save emails, send follow-up emails on phone calls so that you have those documented. Keep a notebook and write down dates and times and what you have accomplished and what you have not been able to accomplish because of this situation. Smile and keep your good attitude - they will know who is looking out for the company. I've gone into files and made copies of some things (not confidential material but things like transmittals) to show that I had done my work and to show who had not done their work. This proved very valuable to me recently because the person I used to work for went back and 'updated' the files with my name on a mistake that she had made and got rid of the evidence of her mistake. I also had a witness to my making the copy and to seeing that she had made the mistake and not me.

Keep your "CMA" file with you - don't leave it at work. forward emails home too.

• 1 month later...
  • Author

Thanks you for your suggestion.

I just noticed i reposted the same issue all over again today with an added twist lol

Thank you for all the suffort and encouraging words:)