When is enough, enough?

I've read through so many threads and everyone has such great advice. Maybe you shed some light on me. I, like probalbly so many others, am tired of the way my boss treats me. He says things verbally and does things physical to me. He thinks it's all fun and he's just play'n around but I'm so sick of it. I'm scared if I say something back he'll find a way to fire me. Are there a lot of us out there? I need this job just like everyone else. What are your thoughts?

amaysngrace

Hi. Basically enough is enough once you tell him you don't want him to say what he says to you or to touch you. If at all possible, say this in the presence of a third person. If he disregards your wishes after that, it is sexual harrassment and you don't need to put up with it. If he becomes unpleasant instead, and makes it miserable for you to work there, be firm with him and let him know you don't approve of the way you had been treated by him. Try to find another job and let him know you'll be leaving once you are able to. But leave on your own terms, not his. What he does is wrong. He knows it's wrong, too. Good luck to you!

• Author

The thing is, he always does these thing in front of other people. Is he justifying himself? and why doesn't anyone say anything in my defense? Are they scared of getting fired also? I am taking my resume' in to an employer tomorrow because of this. I've worked so hard for this company and all for what? I don't want to leave but I truly can't take the disrespect and humiliation anymore. I thought I was a confident woman. This is really a bite!

Love Hurts

There are laws to protect employees on the job of harassment.

The unfortunate is ... you need it on tape or another employee willing to

support your efforts to file a complaint..... an eye witness.

So we derive on who wants to loose their job? Very difficult to prove and everyone needs to pay bills.

You must decide how valuable that job is to you.... if you do not plan on

making it your place of retirement from....

Why stay?

The burden lies with you.... if you can move on... do so.

If not........... you must alert this man, that you feel insulted or annoyed by his tactics. Your silence is sending....it's ok signal to him.

One way you may deal with him..... you might be just as abrasive as he makes you feel. Draw attention to what he is doing to you or saying to you.

You can loudy say oh you think im this or loudy say do not touch me like that.

Your co-workers will be made more aware of what he is saying and doing.

He may feel less apt to approaching you.... and your big mouth..

Just a thought.... Good luck

• Author

I work for a great company and I would like to retire with them. It's he that is the downfall to the company. He does these things always in front of other people. It must be his way of justifying himself. Not sure. I don't know why no one says anthing to him. They probably think they'll get fired too. I've worked so hard for this company and it's a bite that I am going to be the one to find another job.