Feud W/ Receptionist & Assistant

2020vision

The receptionist in my office is the President of the company's daughter. Her best friend was hired as my assistant temporarily. I would go to lunch with both of them on occasion, but never really made a habit of it. Just kind of weird to me since she is the boss's daughter.

Well a week ago, last friday, they both invited me to go down south for a crazy road trip type deal. (They are only a year younger than me) I told them no, as I already had plans and don't think it would be a great idea to hang out with these girls knowing that if things got out of hand, I would have to deal with everyone at work finding out pretty much. My boss appreciates how professional and mature I am, and I figured he would be dissappointed in me if he found out I did this.

Well, they kept bugging me to go. So, I agreed to go finally, and I started having second thoughts after I got home. (We were suppose to leave that night) I call her and say "Listen, you guys go without me I am not going" she asks why, and I tell her a ton of funny excuses (i.e. I have three kids at home that I have not told anyone about, I have to stay home and watch my plants grow, etc...) She keeps persisting and I tell her, "Its not a good idea to mix business with pleasure" And she starts cracking up and says "okay, well you have to go on the next one with us then" And I say "okay" So, I get to work on monday and she is freakin PISSED! She proceeds to talk crap about me all day repeating to everyone things like "well, I would tell you that you look nice today, but don't want to mix business with pleasure"

I am so uncomfortable and irritated, I have tried to say something to my boss and he says "just laugh it off and you probably should have told them some other excuse than mixing business with pleasure" I have confronted her and she persists getting just about everyone in the office to laugh about me. ADVICE PLEASE!

PS: They are both known as "Wild Childs" in the office and one of them came back with a knee injury and the other with stories of sleeping in different beds everynight from this trip.

Thanks,

LittleMiss

I would leave it alone for a day or two and if it keeps on I would insist to my boss that he do something about it.

They are being petty and immature and probably everyone who hears them knows it. Aside from talking with her and trying to smooth things over I'd just let it go.

• Author
2020vision
everyone who hears them knows it

Exactly, never thought of that. Its not as intense right now, its just everyonce in a while she will come up with some stupid comment and it creates tension. I think there is nothing worse than tension in the office I swear!

Love Hurts

Yik,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, this is an ugly situation................ that just has to pass and it will........................ Just keep doing your best at work.

Next week they will grow weary of toying with you and pick on someone else.

You were right about not going on a trip with them................ smart girl.

You know how to pick em.

Refocus,,,,,,,,,, stay focused on the work at hand...................

It's all in a days work................. This is a great time to ask your boss for a raise........................

• Author
2020vision
You were right about not going on a trip with them................ smart girl.

You know how to pick em.

Thanks!

Coincidence...My boss just sent me an email saying how much he appreciates my hard work and professionalism and I am on the fast track to becoming marketing manager!