Start a new job next Wednesday :)

Still employed at the same company, but I will have a different direct-report and be on a different project in a different building. This will give me two months to find a new job, while learning yet another new software. I sent out a bunch of resume's tonight. They know they can't fire me, but they sure did a good job of setting me up.

I was told today that a secretary made a complaint about me and I don't even know this person and she doesn't know me! But she hangs out with the woman I had the problems with and the secretary bad-mouthed me to her manager, who also doesn't know me and I've not worked with or for him, but HE said something to the effect of "then I don't want her on my projects" and my reputation is shot because of this woman whom I don't even know. I made a formal complaint back and demanded proof, not heresay, about her accusations.

One of the comments that my manager (not my direct report who caused the problems) heard when she tried to place me on a project was "was Vega the one who had xyz before Carolyn? Then I don't want her."

I pointed out to my manager that *I* was NOT the one who had xyz before - it was someone who is already gone, but I'm tagged with that now too because my manager didn't even know and just told him that yes it was me.

NOW that my reputation is shot and all the paperwork is done and I'm moving, I've got people coming forward and supporting me. They are shocked at how I was treated and they didn't know how bad it was, but as my manager told me "well, you are, uh, umm, perceived that way now so it's all water under the bridge - no sense stirring it up again because it won't do any good to tell the one who complained that they were complaining about the wrong person - it will just, uh, um make our department look bad."

I have insisted that all the kudos I DID earn be placed in my personnel file and they will be because according to company policy they HAVE to be. Too little to late though. I just hope that it doesn't follow me when I leave the company - but it may because there are so many people who work for this company then that company and time and time again I'll run into people I've worked with before, and I'll hear others talk about when they worked at such-and-such company before here. I'm thinking of changing my name.

• Author

Well, well, well.... will wonders never cease! I brought the back-pats I've received to the attention of my manager (with the help of HR) and her response was all "I didn't realize that!" "Wow" and she was surprised and actually treated me a little better and those things did go into my personnel file. Also (and this is really too bad, but I can't help but take some delight in it) the project I am moving from is falling apart. They don't have any qualified people to work it, a lot of stuff is late and I made it known that it was going to be late and asked for help and the woman who is now in charge told me lightly "oh well" and she laughed it off -- in front of witnesses. Then she went on to tell others that I was messing around and not working and that I was deliberatly not doing work and that she told me I had to do it (after approving me being off tomorrow) and the witnesses backed me up!

Next Tuesday I'll be packing my office for the move and Wednesday I'll be gone so the stuff will be over a week late. Awe. Plus, the girl they hired to replace me they suddenly reassigned to another area to cover someone who just gave notice today (she's not putting up with the crap!) so they have a young guy coming in who knows absolutly NOTHING about the work and who was not interviewed by or chosen by the girl that I had problems with.

Its going to be interesting for them and when they see that its falling apart so badly AFTER I'm gone they will (already are) beginning to realize that I'm NOT what she claimed I was. Their plan to keep putting young, inexperienced, and some very immature people into positions of authority and get rid of the people who actually do the work is already having negative effects on the projects and on the bottom line.

So I'll go on to my new assignment and just 'smile and wave, boys, smile and wave!' :)

littlekitty

Good news then to a point...?! At least the truth is being outted!! :)