Living w/ a co-worker stress...

I'm a single female who recently moved in with a co-worker of the opposite sex (while we work together regularly, it doesn't implicate any hierarchy problems). We were fairly close friends beforehand and our respective situations dictated the move. Neither of us have significant others. No potential for romance here - purely platonic.

We're now a few months into the living situation & things are going fairly well minus the occasional "roommate" snag. Still - I feel like I'm bringing work "home" too often... and I can tell its frustrating him at times (although he continues to listen & offer great advice). We both work in pretty high stress jobs and don't have a lot of friends or family locally.

Any suggestions for other outlets to vent work stress while not at work and avoiding the occasional slip about the other's personal life in the office? I'm aware of the "work out" - "call a friend" suggestions but am just wondering if anyone thinks there could be a productive way to help each other deal with work-related stress?