My boss hates me!!!!!!!!

IhavenoFREAKINclue

So i got basicall my dream job. it took me about 5 monthss to get it. When i first started, it was all dandy. She loved me. Then slowly..She started to dislike me. Little attitude snaps here and there. So it seems to be getting worse. Everytime I ask her a question, she yells. Like the other day. Iasked her about something we needed. She said she ordred it and it should have come in yesterday, VERY snotty. Well how the hell am i supposed to know you ordered it? It's like i can't ask her anything. She does this with EVERY question I ask her. Since shes such a disorganized mess...Whenver she gets a phone call..I'll take a message and since she doesnt remember her own name..she yells at me for not getting enough info. I think name number co and reference is enough, its like she wantes their birthday and ss #.

Someone else in the office asked the SAME EXACT WUESTION as me..they got an Its over there honey. I get a swivel neck thing and an attitude. I don;t want to go back to waitressing. This is job is what i do best. Sad that i would deal with this cause i'm doing something I love. Its just that I have to walk on eggshells everyitme i open my mouth. And then when i do take the initiative to do something....she yells cause i don;t do it the way she wants it done. I CAN'T WIN!

I hate starting a new job also..that's why i would actually stick it out.

I also can't confraon her and adress the obvious hatred toward one another. She can't be wrong and we'll wind up fist fighting.

IS there anything I can do?

You can try being a "yes" women to her and put her on a pedestal. She might just love you for that.:eek:

Uhm..just a question but do you look anything like, or go to work looking like your avatar?

• Author
IhavenoFREAKINclue
Uhm..just a question but do you look anything like, or go to work looking like your avatar?

Yeah....i dress like jenna Jameson with a bikini top on when i go to work....Stupid Question.

I can't yes her to death. One...We barely speak...in the morning she say good morning to everyone except me. They all went out to dinner last week to celebrate our move and I didn't even know about it!

Might as well start looking for a new job. Everything you report is inauspicious. You have reached the point where your image is irredeemable. It may make no sense whatsoever but once you're there, you can't escape. Your best bet is to flee to another organization that does the same work and hope for a more accommodating boss.

Do you think you could talk to her at some point when noone else is around? Ask her if you've done something to offend her?

You could further elaborate that you don't expect to be friends but that you feel there is tension between you and ask if there is something you can do to alleviate it.

It won't be easy but it beats the heck out of walking on eggshells all the time.

IS there anything I can do?

kill her with kindness..........if that doesn't work run her a$$ over

blind_otter

No. There usually isn't, unless you spike her coffee with zoloft.

I was a personal assistant to a bitch from hell, if you'll recall. I liked the idea of the job, and if you're assisting someone who knows what the hell they are doing, it's great. But if you are assisting a crazy bitch who is disorganized and incompetant it's a nightmare. A NIGHTMARE.

They blame you for their mess ups. They claim you're incompetant when they actually are. They have temper tantrums. I felt like - jesus, if I was sleeping with you I would be able to handle this, but I'm not and you don't pay me enough to f***ing care.

I didn't last a year in that job and I left it pretty effing traumatized. I used to love working with people now I am paranoid as hell.

I learned from that experience that it may look like a dream job, but if you have a toxic manager (google it, there's actually research on this phenomena) -- then you are f***ed, and 90% of the time there's nothing you can do but either dope yourself up and learn to take the s*** that gets flung at you, or get a new job.

Watch Office Space...

Anyway, if you have a dumbass boss, the job isn't worth it if they are going to keep giving you s*** over their own shortcomings. Ask her if you have somehow offended her or something. But a dream job with crappy coworkers/bosses is no dream job.

It happened wid me too, n i had to leave my job! I was in an advertising company and the boss gave his idea about a product..N I jus refuted it..sinz that he is cross wid me, and looks for opportunities to put me down..so I left the job..was sucked up. :(