Has she crossed the line at work?

prfrogkisser

Good Afternoon Everyone!

I just had an awful incident at work with a female 50 year old co worker. Im the happy giddy type at work who is friendly and always willing to help. I have a co worker whos desk is next to mine and we have develop a friendship ( i thought).

Today while making small conversation she aks me about my relationship with the guy Ive been dating and i told her i choose not to see him anymore because he has no feelings towards me. She made this very rude, improper,hurtful and mean comment.................. Well since you give it up so easily what do you expect?:mad:

I was pissed off. She has made this comment before but i guess today ive had enough. I told her off at the office in a nice way. I didnt curse at her in any way but i told her how i felt and she just responded that she spoke the truth.

What i want to ask is... Did she cross the line? Did i overreact?

One of my bosses walked in while she was yelling at me and i just told my boss i was going to lunch. I walked away.I know the co worker called the other boss ( i have 2 bosses). When i got back i apologized to the one that heard us arguing and i told my co worker made a personal rude hurtful comment and i just told her how i felt.

Constructive critisism should always be made with love:cool:

phyrespryte

I don't think that you overreacted since you calmly told her that what she said was offensive. And what she said was offensive. Extremely offensive.

Did she cross the line? In a sense yes. But since you're at work you really shouldn't be discussing personal your personal life. And she shouldn't be asking about it either.

I had a similar situation with a co-worker except I overreacted. So I had to spend an uncomfortable month of silence and dirty looks from the co-worker. Things are better now, I just keep quiet about my life.

• Author
prfrogkisser
I don't think that you overreacted since you calmly told her that what she said was offensive. And what she said was offensive. Extremely offensive.

Did she cross the line? In a sense yes. But since you're at work you really shouldn't be discussing personal your personal life. And she shouldn't be asking about it either.

I had a similar situation with a co-worker except I overreacted. So I had to spend an uncomfortable month of silence and dirty looks from the co-worker. Things are better now, I just keep quiet about my life.

Thanks so much for the advice.I think personally i overeated. Ive never been pissed off a work.I became very angry because I was hurt. I dont know what to expect at work today but i wont worry.

I have to agree I was deeply offended by the comment and i did tell her in a non offensive way how you she made me feel but i did yell.I am at work right now and sad to say my behavior towards everyone has changed because of this incident. I have to agree that i shouldnt be discussing personal stuff which I will keep in mind from now on but sometimes it is kind of difficult since you spend 40 hours or more at your job. I think no matter what you might develop somekind of relationship with some of your co workers. I have never been through this situation before and i guarantee i wont be so talkative anymore.:D