OK, another question

Here's the deal...

I work customer service/sales at a small company with about 50 employees. I handle sales calls that come into the office directly, put together quotations, do follow-up calls and convert quotes into orders. I also put together bid packages that are sent to the main office as well as putting together bid packages for our outside sales reps. I do quoting for the outside reps and handle all the paperwork associated with the quotes and orders. They generally do their own follow-up calls, although I seem to be doing a lot more of that, too, lately.

I am on a salary...a low one at that...$1600/mo.

No commission...not even on the "house" accounts that I handle directly.

(I got really irritated with one of our outside reps when he called in one day complaining how he wasn't making any money...stopped him short when I told him I really didn't care, since the commission on his last sale was equal to my ENTIRE YEAR'S SALARY)

My question is this...

Is this normal? Other people I've talked to have told me that inside sales people generally get a small percentage of the orders that they handle for the outside reps (1%) and a percentage of the house accounts they handle (3%).

Am I getting screwed here?