Affair with Boss...Need Help

:( One day my boss told me what a wonderful person I was and how beautiful I was. He told me all this time he had thought so highly of me was very attracted to me and just kept going on and on. At first I was shocked and I didn't know what to think. But then a month later we one thing led to another and I willingly had an affair with this man..my boss. To make matters worse he was married in a middle of a separation and they had kust worked things out. Our affair went on to last for a year. We shared everything together, everything we possibly could. We told eachother our secrets, went on trips together, met parts of his family, we even told eachother "I Love You". And we had been talking about actually being together. People were already noticing at work, rumors were spreading quickly and I was getting tired of sneaking around and I was in love with him and wanted to be with him. He didnt want to lose me but he had two boys and he had time making the decision to leave his marriage. And then one day they had a fight and he left ...so I thought. They separated once again and he was practically living with me and he was still my boss at work. I loved my job that was the only thing that mattered to me besides him and I was proud of my position and what I had accomplished. (I was already in my position before the affair started) So we started planning things out. This was a big thing so we had to have all our ducks in a row. So we started looking for places to live, we talked about starting a family, and then he asked me to start looking for another job. So I started looking and keep in mind he still had not filed for divorce. So four months pass by and I find another job, not nearly as great as what I had at the time but I was in love and it was just something to take just so he wouldn't get fired because afterall he had two kids to feed. When I gave my resignation I thought there was no turning back. Two months later he left me, said he couldn't do it and went back to his wife. I was so hurt and very angry. I felt like someone kicked me in the stomach and knocked all the wind out of me. To make an already long story short three months have passed and I am unhappy with my job, struggling to make ends meet and brokenhearted. I have lost everything except my family. His wife found out and kept him and worked things out with him, he bought her a new mercedes benz, and work is just going great for him. What do I do from here, what can I do? It is so unfair. I feel manipulated and I lost my job,money and self- respect. What can I do, where do I go from here?
  • Like 1
LucreziaBorgia

I guess the question is: where do you want to go from here?

Do you think getting counseling or a therapist might help? Your only direction now is up and forward, and perhaps some good counseling can help you get on your feet to better take you in that direction.